Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
t27j9s

Bent Runner

Vapor 7.0 Used about 2 years for Moderate level of play.

Steel keeps Curving inward even after Changing Holders and changing Steel and Changing Nut and Bolt?!

What in the F**N Hell is going on Here?!?!

Next time, put that in your original post so that there isn't any confusion.

Could it be that the skates are worn down to the point that they're so soft they're flexing in the wrong places?

Please provide a picture.

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Next time, put that in your original post so that there isn't any confusion.

Could it be that the skates are worn down to the point that they're so soft they're flexing in the wrong places?

Please provide a picture.

6 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I'm thinking that maybe the outsole has warped somehow.

I'm going to agree here.  They are mid-level skates that have broken down and the outsole isn't structurally sound anymore.  The fact that they were fine for the first 18 months supports this.

Edited by psulion22

Sorry for the delay in responding to the input so far.   also thank you for straightening me out on not being so vague on my next post... before skating yesterday I straightened the blade out...only this time I leaned in on the leaver much harder and kept it there for nearly a minute and bent the hell out of it right in the middle...then I did the same thing moving half way to the Heel and then the Toe... normally when I straighten the skate just before I play it will stay straight for almost an hour and then have a pretty good-sized bow in it,  and the next day the Curve will even will be even bigger.   As I look at the Skate today it is perfectly straight... also I did neglect to state that I did take one rather hard shot directly in the front of the toe and ever since whenever I go to swap out the steel I have to put the blade in a vise and smack the front of the toe with a hammer to get the steel out of the Holder.

Edited by t27j9s
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/3/2018 at 10:35 PM, t27j9s said:

What in the F**N Hell is going on Here?!?!

14 hours ago, t27j9s said:

also I did neglect to state that I did take one rather hard shot directly in the front of the toe and ever since whenever I go to swap out the steel I have to put the blade in a vise and smack the front of the toe with a hammer to get the steel out of the Holder.

are you F**N serious?