Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CigarScott

Guide for sourcing equipment for big & tall players

They no longer make the 3xl Nexus so you're only option without searching far and wide for a used pair of Tacklas or ordering a pair from Finland is Bauer S29. If you read the description, it says it's the same fit as the discontinued Nexus...

Edited by CigarScott

On 9/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, WildBillKickoff said:

Scott— I created this account to tell you how thankful I am that you took the time to share your knowledge. I don’t have it quite as bad as you do in trying to find equipment (I’m 6’2”, around 300), but it’s still difficult, and your guide has saved me hours of research in my efforts to pick up hockey again after a decade off. I’m actually about 40 pounds lighter now than I was then, but I could get Tackla pants in a 60 off the shelf back then.

So, in order to pay it forward and help other big guys, my experience: I called Montreal Hockey about the Tackla pants. I have about a 46” waist, so I thought their size 58 is about my only hope, unless I order direct from Europe. Unfortunately, they’re sold out. However, he told me about the JAMM 5000/1 girdle, which is currently available on hockeydogs.com in 3XL, and it allegedly fits a 46” waist. It runs a shade over $100, and the various shells are around $40. I’m going to order one next paycheck, and I’ll let you know how the fit is.

I agree with you in regards to everyone’s help (especially Scott).  I’m just picking the game back up after stepping away for a few (20 ish) years and things have changed since 2000/2001. A lot of good Info to digest and sift through.  Skates have been challenging.  Skates last in 2000 CCM 952/tuuk steel/graf 703/705 tuuk or Bauer Comp everything has changed so drastically.  Very stiff skates to adjust to……jofa shin and elbow pads still good. Sticks (came from z bubble) have changed in a great way.  Excited to be a part of this game again.  

Edited by NDhockey13
  • Like 1