Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
beerleaguecaptain

AV Fired - Who's Next?

Happy to hear the Rangers fired AV.  He's a good coach and class act but his distance from the team, inability to coach young scorers and inability to coach defense led to his demise.  Team also never had the grit it needed but I'm not sure that's on him.  Hard to say.

So... who is next?  Tippett?  Bylsma?  Who are the hot up and comers?  Is Mess in the mix?  God I hope not....

Who is the coach in Hartford? Promoting from the "A" has been fairly popular with teams in the last few years. And, if the youth movement is the way to go, he'll already have familiarity with a lot of them.

6 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I feel Bylsma would be a good fit with the young kids.

I know...Mike Milbury!  (I think I just puked in my mouth making that joke)

He ruined one New York franchise, I'd happily let him make sure the Rangers get their fair share. The Sabres don't need any help in that department.

Bylsma is supposed to be good with young talent.  That didn't seem to be the case in Buffalo.

Sutter and Tippett will probably be on the top of hte list.

and I wouldn't count out Sheldon Keefe from the Toronto Marlies, Ron Wilson, or possibly Chris Chelios.  And depending on what the players felt about him, Lindy Ruff is still there.

21 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

Who is the coach in Hartford? Promoting from the "A" has been fairly popular with teams in the last few years. And, if the youth movement is the way to go, he'll already have familiarity with a lot of them.

Hartford is terrible.  I doubt they'd be bringing him up.

4 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

One could argue that Eichel had a lot to do with that.

I could agree with that.  And I don't know that they had a good leadership group or team dynamic either.  But, his most recent history - the end of his tenure in Pittsburgh, his entire time in Buffalo, and the debacle for the US in Sochi - has been nothing short of disastrous.

The recycling of guys hardly ever works. Best bet would be to looks to someone successful in the AHL, NCAA or major Junior systems.

13 hours ago, psulion22 said:

If it’s going to be “new blood”, then I think Keefe is the only candidate. 

Agreed. I feel like this guy is the right guy (from everything I've read). And I would love MSL as an asst. he's all heart and I think he would make a great coach.

From the video of JGs interview, sounded like they're looking for someone like Keefe. 

Edmonton CEO holding a news conference this afternoon. Sounds to me like Chiarelli is going to be shown the door with the fate of McLellan and staff to be left to the new GM to fire and replace with his guys.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, psulion22 said:

Hartford is terrible.  I doubt they'd be bringing him up.

Oh, thanks. I don't follow the AHL much now that we're without a team in Hamilton.