Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Amazinmets73

Curve options

A lot of folks shy away from the BM12 when they see how short a blade it is. If only they made a true copy of the original Bure pattern that Bauer had. That would be a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

What kind of skater are you as far as leg bend or form ? How tall are you?  .  I will tell you up front I am not current on the curve patterns.  My self I like a blade that has a that's more at the toe and gradual back.   I played with a lie 5 I believe that would enable me to have room to stick handle and evade without feeling bound up . I also used a stick that was just about at the height of the where the neck goes to the sternum.  I did modify my stick blade by twisting it .  I don't know if the composite sticks can be heated and tweaked.  Maybe some of this will give you ideas or experiment.  

20 hours ago, puckpilot said:

Yep. Which are equal to the p92/wo3. It's the Crosby/Sakic curve

I'm playing with a PP26 and just bought a P90 (CCM) and W03 (Warrior) and it's not exactly the same. PP26 is less open at the toe.

5 hours ago, flutie89 said:

I'm playing with a PP26 and just bought a P90 (CCM) and W03 (Warrior) and it's not exactly the same. PP26 is less open at the toe.

Don't know what to tell you. I think we'll have to respectfully disagree. This is my curve of choice, and when I compare the curves of my Ek365 and my T120 to my QRLs and Alphas and all the other sticks from the other companies I have, they look exactly the same. At the very least, for me, they're close enough to not make a difference in performance.

I have used just about every retail curve at least in the shooting zone at HM, and most in actual play, as well as, the Base P71, and the Scheiffele pro stock.

It's an absolute no brainer for me- the P30 (CCM exclusive) is the best curve out there (for me), hands down. Every one should at least give it a try (in the shooting range, or on an inexpensive stick).

I tried the Easton E36 curve and was impressed by it. Passing and backhands aren't quite as good as the PM9, but there's a discernable improvement in puckhandling and shooting. Furthermore, I was using the C3 stick, which is Eastons lowest-end model. In spite of that I'd choose it in a heartbeat over my $270MSRP Nexus with that horrendous P92 curve.

The top one doesn't look like it opens up enough to be a Drury or P91A, I agree the shape is similar but it looks near enough a closed face like a PM9. However the angle of the photo can be deceptive.

I’ve argued the P19 & W03 are NOT P92 clones and the P92 isn’t really a Sakic/Draper clone. 

In my experience, the P19 & W03 are almost exact. When compared to a P92, they aren’t as deep or as open, possibly even less toe.

The P92 when compared to a legit Sakic/Draper (yes I still have one) is close, but looks like it’s been tweaked a little. It’s looks like a bit more toe and a bit more open.

I guess you could say that the W03 & P19 are closer to the orgianl Sakic/Draper than the P92. I think we get hung up on “this is a clone of that” when it’s more so one companies version vs another and there may be subtle differences from one to the other. Could be marketing influence to it as well. Everyone has to make what everyone else makes.

Edited by stick9
  • Like 3

On 4/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, Amazinmets73 said:

I recently switched curves from a PM9 to a P92. I loved the PM9 curve; the issue was the 5 lie was too low. The P92 is good for stickhandling, however it's difficult to keep passes on the ice and backhand due to the deep curve.

I'm a playmaker/defender who's priorities are passing and stickhandling. I also would prefer a 5.5 or 6 lie.

Which curve would suit me best? 

BASE Hockey offers its BM09 Modano clone in Lie 6. It's not an exact clone of the PM9 (that would be the BB09, only offered in Lie 5), but it's your best bet for a high-lie pattern you'll like.

11 hours ago, MrData said:

BASE Hockey offers its BM09 Modano clone in Lie 6. It's not an exact clone of the PM9 (that would be the BB09, only offered in Lie 5), but it's your best bet for a high-lie pattern you'll like.

Can you post pictures of those two patterns side by side so we can see the differences?

3 hours ago, chippa13 said:

You can see both on the Base website.

“Side by side so we can see the differences”?

Still, your help deserves one of your patented trophies.

It works better for me with this link, (lopping off the options at the end of the url you posted @MrData

Was it you that did that blog post on the BC27? His verdict on it is pretty much contrary to the one in the blog: that you have blade contact with the puck at all times because of the rocker. He says you can easily lose contact with the puck due to the aggressive rocker.

If I'm seeing the info on the BASE site correctly, it's the BM09, which has multiple lie options, that has the more rockered heel. He just switches around the comparison, saying BM09 is a clone of the Bauer PM9, and the BB09 is a clone of the Easton E4. According to the BASE curve comparison chart, it's listed the other way around: BM09 is supposed to be similar to the E4 and the BB09 is supposed to be similar to the other brands' versions of the (roughly) same curve.

Thanks for posting the video, it has some nice comparisons between the curves.