Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2018 Warrior Catalogue (gloves/protective)

Warrior's catalogue will be covered in sections; this helps support their marketing deadlines.  As each product category is released, we will update the catalogue along with it.

Gloves - The QREdge line is new for 2018.  We'll be starting from the cuff on down.  The Axyflex cuff was received very well, but it has been tweaked slightly with the QREdge.  The center plate of the cuff has been flipped - on the QRL, the small edge pointed upward towards the binding.  On the QREdge, the broad edge is up on the binding, and the small edge is by the cuff roll.  The first plate (starting from the back edge of the glove) is also smaller.  By doing this, you're getting more protection/coverage on the QREdge on the front side of the glove.

IMG_8169.thumb.JPG.4c3f5298197a77c528010a9dde9f4979.JPG

The cuff roll is shorter on the bottom edge of the QREdge where it meets the back roll, but the Axyflex tab in between them is larger.

Going from there, the glove is noticeably more square and thus, more lower profile than the QRL.

IMG_9886.thumb.JPG.432181b35db6dae38a028d03000a3d19.JPG

From the thumb to the backrolls, there are less segments, yet, has the same amount of coverage. The perforated PU on that portion also has been confined to the small accent pieces on the QREdge, and SmartPalm material has been added alongside the edge of the thumb/index finger.

The back roll is now 3 segments, as opposed to 6 on the QRL.  The edges are much squarer as well, and the binding between the end of the bankroll and the fingers is now one piece as well.  The fingers are unchanged.

Still getting a SmartPalm, however, the back pad is now segmented vertically.  Stretch gussets instead of mesh, and a new overlay, which is named Gatorskin.  It has a texture that runs from the back pad straight through the other side of the palm.  The silicone grip print that was on the QRL is now eliminated.

Phantom has been replaced by Exo Protect, which is their latest iteration of foam protection,

Liner is still Wartech FNC with Polygiene.  $199 USD.

The QREPro glove also features the tweaked cuff and the updated squaring.  Nash palm.  $139 USD.

QRE3 features SmartPalm as well as Exo Protect and a full array of colors at $129 USD.  

Alpha gloves are unchanged for 2018.

Pants/girdles -

The QREdge pant continues on the tapered fit of the QRL pant, albeit with a few tweaks.  The spine pad is reworked to have more coverage - on the QRL, the gaps between the kidney pad and the spine pad are pretty open; this fixes it.  

Also new is a zippered gusset which drops the pant down 1".  Coming in at $179 USD in 4 colors.

Also new is the QRE Pro girdle.  Covert cut on the kidney protection, and more importantly, better segmentation on the rear of the kidney/spine pad compared to the Dynasty.  The pad placement on the front is the same as the Dynasty, however, in the seat of the girdle, the padding cuts are different.  

• Thanks 2

Has anything been done to explicitly address the heat/ventilation issues on the Covert gloves?

The previous model would have been OK to use as a hand warmer outside during the Boston winter. 

Edited by Cavs019

I’ve been eying these as an upgrade to my 9k pants since seeing them at Winterfest. Does anyone have more info as to the differences between the two versions, other than the price?

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

I’ve been eying these as an upgrade to my 9k pants since seeing them at Winterfest. Does anyone have more info as to the differences between the two versions, other than the price?

Upgraded padding and lining.  Still offer the same fit and adjustability.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2018 at 6:14 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Also new is the QRE Pro girdle.  Covert cut on the kidney protection, and more importantly, better segmentation on the rear of the kidney/spine pad compared to the Dynasty.  The pad placement on the front is the same as the Dynasty, however, in the seat of the girdle, the padding cuts are different.  

Is the girdle a step in or a wrap?

27 minutes ago, Goonsquad said:

Is the girdle a step in or a wrap?

Step in. Think Dynasty, but lighter with more segmentation and a new colour scheme. 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2018 at 7:52 PM, JunkyardAthletic said:

Unreal seeing gloves from overseas hitting a $199USD retail... #MassiveMargins

Especially when said gloves look like they are made with cheaper materials and don't feel as good as the QRL glove. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, McDougalfaschnitzer said:

Especially when said gloves look like they are made with cheaper materials and don't feel as good as the QRL glove. 

I sort of disagree, I think the internals are more comfortable since they added the "buttersoft" portion of the Alpha. But the externals and actually flexibility of the glove I totally agree.

1 hour ago, MCornell said:

@althoma1is the Covert QRE actually noticeably lighter than the Dynasty?

I have only felt them at Modsquad events; so hopefully someone who has owned both can chime in. I believe the QRE is a bit lighter, but also addresses some durability issues some people had with the Dynasty.