Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Vegas vs Washington

Who will win the Stanley Cup?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Date Teams Time Networks
GAME 1
Mon, May 28
WSH @ VGK 8:00 PM ET NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS
GAME 2
Wed, May 30
WSH @ VGK 8:00 PM ET NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS
GAME 3
Sat, Jun 2
VGK @ WSH 8:00 PM ET NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS
GAME 4
Mon, Jun 4
VGK @ WSH 8:00 PM ET NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS
*GAME 5
Thu, Jun 7
*GAME 6
Sun, Jun 10
VGK @ WSH 8:00 PM ET NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS
*GAME 7
Wed, Jun 13

*if necessary

I have no idea what to expect. I've never seen the Capitals get this far in my life, so I guess I'll just sit back, not give unwarranted opinions and/or hot takes about either team, and enjoy the Finals.

• Like 2

I heard somebody say Washington in 4 and I was like.. wait... what? Come on. Unless Fleury completely collapses there’s just no way. 

Because they're both clients, I win!  :biggrin:

Can't pick against either; really love both EQMs and how good they've been to my business.  Shame that one won't win, however, I'm hoping for a great Final!

• Like 1

Weird game last night I thought.  Somewhat sloppy/chaotic at times but pretty fun to watch from a pure entertainment standpoint.  Of course Wilson has an incident, not sure what Perron was doing jumping on the ice when Ovi was coming by, and Reeves got lucky with the no crosscheck but the goal was pretty timely and getting that kind of production from the 4th line is icing on the icing.

That was pretty back and forth and a bit sloppy by Vegas standards. They need to tighten that up. I think they got sucked into playing a chaotic Washington style too often. Fleury looked human so I'm sure he'll be better going forward.

Loved seeing the timely goals. Every time Washington seemed to take over some of the momentum, Vegas snuffed it out almost immediately. 

It looked like the conference after the Wilson hit wasn't so much the blown call on the hit itself (it was so late that the refs likely weren't even watching that part of the ice anymore) as just whether anyone was able to determine how Perron ended up on the ice when he did. From the video replays it seemed like a legal line change (there was a player coming off), just a late one that could easily be argued was made just for him to get on the ice. Not sure why he tried to engage with Ovechkin though? The 4-on-4 outcome made no sense, but the long conference itself was justified. 

The pass on the GWG was unreal.

The great thing about watching the Cup finals without your team in it? The ability to watch great hockey with your guts intact and all of your fingernails!

I really dug last night’s game.

• Like 1

The part of me that loves an underdog wants Vegas to win. No- they have not been an underdog for the entire Cup run, but the fact that the entire team, save for Reaves (I sure miss him from when he was a Blue) and Tatar, are cast-offs makes them an underdog. The unwritten rule about expansion teams having to suck their first year in also, for me, makes them an underdog.  If I were pulling for a team in this Finals, it would be the Golden Knights.

Again- I am just rooting for good hockey, and thus far, it has been good hockey.

Howdy,

So will the game tomorrow be the first time Vegas's back is against the wall in the playoffs?

Mark

Pretty much. This is the first time these playoffs that they haven’t looked dominant. Hopefully they can sort themselves out quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see how VGK responds. We've seen WSH take the foot off the pedal when things are going their way (from a series record perspective) and claw their way back. What we haven't seen yet is VGK dig themselves out of a hole. What we can bank on is every win is going to be earned by either team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

It will be interesting to see how VGK responds. We've seen WSH take the foot off the pedal when things are going their way (from a series record perspective) and claw their way back. What we haven't seen yet is VGK dig themselves out of a hole. What we can bank on is every win is going to be earned by either team. 

You bring up a very good point about Vegas. This is where the men are separated from the boys.

• Like 2

I had said back in the second round that I was surprised the Vegas defense hadn't wilted......well, they've started making some costly mistakes and their top scorers are being shut down by the Caps. Maybe the glass slipper doesn't fit after all.

• Thanks 1

Just got a text from a buddy of mine. He is in Vegas for business this week. Just bought a single for tomorrow on StubHub. Yeah, I'm a little jealous!!!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 1:21 AM, fastmiele said:

Okay, one is a no brainer with David Perron, who is the second friend ?

Ryan Carpenter.  He started playing hockey in Orlando at the rink I worked at.

• Like 1

You know what’s the worst part about Washington winning the cup? It makes it feel like this season was just a big waste of time.

Like, you’re telling me I waited 5 months and was glued to my TV for 6 hours almost every night for two months for THIS?

Hoping Vegas can come back but it’s unlikely. Though no team has given up more 3-1 playoff series leads than Washington!

Watching Ovi almost cry at getting to lift the Cup made me melt a little. Unbelievable season for both teams, I wonder if any of the Caps are gonna leave in Free Agency...

• Like 2

Howdy,

Bummer to have the Vegas dream season end that way.  Happy for Ovi to finally get a cup and happy for the Caps fans, even if I'd have preferred to have all their dreams dashed by Vegas going on a 3 game run and stealing it.  :-)

Mark

• Like 1

Regardless what side you were on, it was a great series. I know a lot of people talk about how great of a story Vegas was. I think Washington's was equally compelling. 

• Like 2