Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

Base Layers

What does everyone use for their base layer? Goalie specific?

I'm using the older version (grey/blue) Bauer 37.5 long sleeve shirt and Bauer 37.5 long leggings. I use the version with the cup pocket because they have velcro on the legs for my socks, but I cut the cup pocket out. 

I'm pretty happy with my setup because 37.5 is fantastic, however I came across these and would like to give them a try. Anyone used them?

image.png.e58486021470398c9195093c90e07a74.pngimage.png.939da14342016b8d875fd202ec7533d7.png

image.thumb.png.33c945c897c1dadd544c0877831c4394.png

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/Goalie_Pro_Cut_Resistant_Hockey_Jock_Pant/itm/25136-21/?mtx_id=0

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/Compression_Long_Sleeve_Shirt/itm/18953-43/?mtx_id=0

I use the ol’ Hespeler onesie. Centre zip, pulls all the fat in. Haven’t tried it on since losing 30+ pounds from the colitis. 

The Bauer stuff looks interesting, but I gotta have a onesie set up. Of course the ostomy bag could play a role in how I wear stuff...

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I use the ol’ Hespeler onesie. Centre zip, pulls all the fat in. Haven’t tried it on since losing 30+ pounds from the colitis. 

The Bauer stuff looks interesting, but I gotta have a onesie set up. Of course the ostomy bag could play a role in how I wear stuff...

I don’t need the onesie as I just tuck the shirt into the pants. The Bauer stuff is fantastic but that CCM shirt looks really good. Love the ventilation on the back.

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don’t need the onesie as I just tuck the shirt into the pants. The Bauer stuff is fantastic but that CCM shirt looks really good. Love the ventilation on the back.

I get it.

I may have to try tucking again...

If you like the Bauer stuff with 37.5, scoop it up now - it isn't long for this world. I, personally, am also a big fan but it sounds like sales of it haven't been great and Bauer hasn't been able to get much attachment to the 37.5 feature.

That said, I like the look of the new Vaughn offering, particularly because it seems like it will breathe better than most other integrated pad designs I've seen.

36 minutes ago, EvilPepe said:

If you like the Bauer stuff with 37.5, scoop it up now - it isn't long for this world. I, personally, am also a big fan but it sounds like sales of it haven't been great and Bauer hasn't been able to get much attachment to the 37.5 feature.

That said, I like the look of the new Vaughn offering, particularly because it seems like it will breathe better than most other integrated pad designs I've seen.

I don’t wear any goalie specific stuff. I don’t need the extra padding. Mine is all player base layer. Do you see that going away too?

I like the 37.5 shirts... but Bauer/CCM charges WAY too much for base layer. When I can order Adidas or Nike base layers that work as good if not better (so far Adidas Techfit shirts are the best for staying cool) for 1/3rd of the price it isn't worth it.

• Like 1

I have had good luck with Target's house brand (C9) base layers, in particular the "PowerCore" compression stuff.  Admittedly I haven't tried anything hockey-specific, but sweat is sweat.

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don’t wear any goalie specific stuff. I don’t need the extra padding. Mine is all player base layer. Do you see that going away too?

Yep. There are no 2018 products with 37.5 in it, and I believe the agreement with the company that owns the material is about up. Some product that was using 37.5 has phased out already, the rest should be done next year I believe (after the current line of team wear has gone 3 years).

5 hours ago, EvilPepe said:

Yep. There are no 2018 products with 37.5 in it, and I believe the agreement with the company that owns the material is about up. Some product that was using 37.5 has phased out already, the rest should be done next year I believe (after the current line of team wear has gone 3 years).

Suck. I guess I’d better give that CCM shirt a try then!