Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jamarquan

Barry Trotz Resigns as coach of the Capitals

To quote Sutton, "Lousy agent". While winning the Cup triggered a 2 year extension sounds like a good thing, one would have expected it would have included a more sizable raise than whatever he is willing to walk away from.

13 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

To quote Sutton, "Lousy agent". While winning the Cup triggered a 2 year extension sounds like a good thing, one would have expected it would have included a more sizable raise than whatever he is willing to walk away from.

Trotz’s value has gone way up since winning a Cup; why not test the market?

I don't disagree, but considering that his contract had a clause in it should he win the Cup then you would have thought that clause would have taken the increased value into consideration.

6 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I don't disagree, but considering that his contract had a clause in it should he win the Cup then you would have thought that clause would have taken the increased value into consideration.

So you’d think. He probably got a healthy bonus for winning a Cup (I would hope), but most likely the extension was probably no good. You never know...

The Blues should fire Yeo and pay Trotz the big bucks LOL

It was a 300k raise. 1.5M to 1.8M for two years. 

I have to wonder why he wouldn't just try to re-negotiate with the Capitals first. Or maybe he did, and didn't get the answer he wanted (and deserved) to hear. 

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I have to wonder why he wouldn't just try to re-negotiate with the Capitals first. Or maybe he did, and didn't get the answer he wanted (and deserved) to hear. 

$300K is chump change (okay- maybe not to me)... I am thinking your suspicion is correct.

11 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I don’t know the logistics of it, but resigning doesn’t necessarily mean he’s done in Washington. 

Maybe not. 

But he may as well check the free market. 

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Since he is technically under contract the Caps could keep from working anywhere else for 2 years.

Seattle should be ready by then! 

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Supposedly he tried to renegotiate, and was asking $5M over 5 yrs and the term was a real non-starter for the Caps

9 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Since he is technically under contract the Caps could keep from working anywhere else for 2 years.

Brian Maclellan said yesterday in his presser that he was free to coach for any team and that they accepted his resignation.

6 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

Seattle should be ready by then! 

Apparently Seattle hired Dave Tippet yesterday as an "adviser"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadioGaGa said:

The Islanders don't have a coach yet, do they?

Only nhl team, other than the caps now, who don't have a coach. 

1 hour ago, RadioGaGa said:

The Islanders don't have a coach yet, do they?

Not yet, and apparently Trotz was spotted at an airport in NJ yesterday. Lou, in all likelihood, is going to have his coach sorted before the draft, and the fact Trotz just won a cup is probably appealing to Tavares. Ownership has the money to pay what Barry is looking for, something that old Isles ownership couldn't say. Sheldon Keefe also, IIRC, hasn't spoken to any other teams and isn't likely to.

31 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Not yet, and apparently Trotz was spotted at an airport in NJ yesterday. Lou, in all likelihood, is going to have his coach sorted before the draft, and the fact Trotz just won a cup is probably appealing to Tavares. Ownership has the money to pay what Barry is looking for, something that old Isles ownership couldn't say. Sheldon Keefe also, IIRC, hasn't spoken to any other teams and isn't likely to.

Logical place for Trotz to go...

-Trotz confirmed as the new coach with a four year contract.

-The Islanders are now playing 20 games at the Coliseum next season, not twelve. Apparently players wanted more games there.

-JT is close to signing, and will at some point sit down and talk with Trotz and Lou.

Today has been very good for this team.

• Like 2

Considering the presentations that Tavares is entertaining, I'm not so sure that he is that close to re-signing with the Isles. I would hate to see him leave the Islanders but if he somehow ended up a Bruin I think I could get over it.

• Like 1