Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
RadioGaGa

HHOF Class of 2018

10 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Agree to disagree: translation: I have nothing to support my opinion and refuse to accept that.

“agree to disagree” equals that I just don’t have the energy to support my opinion and have stopped caring enough to defend it and ACCEPT that my opinion is not shared. I don’t HAVE to be RIGHT nor do I really need people to agree with me; it’s a big world and there are conflicting opinions. Defending my opinion on an internet forum is not important to me; in the end, I have walked into a crowd that clearly does not agree with me and frankly don’t care enough to “support” my opinion. Besides- I do have better things to do than defend my opinion. My health matters more to me than defending an apparently unpopular opinion; after what I have gone through in the last year plus, defending why I think Bettman is a slime ball and should not be in the Hall of Fame is MUCH less important these days.

So yes- onto the next topic for me. There are more important topics to discuss.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

“agree to disagree” equals that I just don’t have the energy to support my opinion and have stopped caring enough to defend it and ACCEPT that my opinion is not shared. I don’t HAVE to be RIGHT nor do I really need people to agree with me; it’s a big world and there are conflicting opinions. Defending my opinion on an internet forum is not important to me; in the end, I have walked into a crowd that clearly does not agree with me and frankly don’t care enough to “support” my opinion. Besides- I do have better things to do than defend my opinion. My health matters more to me than defending an apparently unpopular opinion; after what I have gone through in the last year plus, defending why I think Bettman is a slime ball and should not be in the Hall of Fame is MUCH less important these days.

So yes- onto the next topic for me. There are more important topics to discuss.

I feel the same way a lot of the time. You get to a point where the effort isn’t worth the time and decide you’d rather just walk away from the discussion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I feel the same way a lot of the time. You get to a point where the effort isn’t worth the time and decide you’d rather just walk away from the discussion. 

Exactly. In my younger days, I’d argue until I was blue in the face even if I were wrong. Now I sinply don’t have the energy. I also have no need to prove that I am right any longer. 

I suggested that we all “fart hug and sing kum bah yah”,  but due to having my colon removed, I no longer fart. I wish I were kidding!

I’m for turning the page with a wink and a smile...

If Bettman shouldn't be blamed for the bad stuff since he's only carrying out the owners' wishes, then why should we give him credit for the good stuff... after all, he's only carrying out the owners' wishes on that end, too?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Larry54 said:

If Bettman shouldn't be blamed for the bad stuff since he's only carrying out the owners' wishes, then why should we give him credit for the good stuff... after all, he's only carrying out the owners' wishes on that end, too?

The owners wanted a financially stable and healthy league. It was the NHLPAs refusal to see that the salary cap was the best way to do this, and that it was ultimately good for the sport to have teams on equal playing fields in terms of market viability. Personally, I blame the NHLPA leadership more for the lost season, and first lockout. 

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 1

Many hugly good things for the sport have hpenned under his tenure. It is just as always, people tend to remember only negatives. I think he has done good and I am personally have no problems with that. Game is cleaner, less predictable, and focused on skill... NHL out of Olympics thing though smells of certain "collusion" :).

The NHL out of the Olympics was due to the games not being able to be televised live due to the time difference and thus the league felt they would get zero boost from letting their players go. Was it all about money? Sure.