Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

9 hours ago, nutters said:

Warrior on their IG page showed Dumoulin of the Pens playing with a yet to be released Phantom Fantom QRE stick.

Their ADV?

It is their lightest stick ever; is lighter than ADV.

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Hope they do not have the same price as the ADV stick 🤞🏼

• Like 5

9 hours ago, iameric said:

Well as long as it's not a limited release, that shouldn't be an issue. I have a couple adv's and I can't imagine using something lighter haha.

11 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Sounds good👍

I guess it will be greater than Phantom feel😂

19 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Played with one and hated it. Wayyyyyy too light. Not sure if any of the players using it in the NHL are even using the real.thing or just something dressed to sell.... It felt like a shaft with no blade. It was weird....

18 hours ago, iameric said:

It will be in that ballpark.

9 hours ago, sko buffs said:

Well as long as it's not a limited release, that shouldn't be an issue. I have a couple adv's and I can't imagine using something lighter haha.

It is limited release.

29 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Played with one and hated it. Wayyyyyy too light. Not sure if any of the players using it in the NHL are even using the real.thing or just something dressed to sell.... It felt like a shaft with no blade. It was weird....

It was extremely weird when I first picked it up.  It almost doesn't feel real.

49 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

400g is the lowest you can go IMO before the puck starts to feel like a bowling ball.

I don’t see the need for anything lighter than that. 

Weren’t those old Easton sticks (original Stealth, I think?) 400 grams or lighter? It seemed like everyone kind of agreed 415-430 was about the sweet spot until Bauer disrupted that with the Vapor 1X Lite and ADV. 

450g is light enough for me. But my Kovalev gamer is almost 600g and so beautifully balanced that it doesn't feel heavy at all. Balance is king. So is having more than a Warp handful of pattern options.

Edited by flip12
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, CaptainFranchise said:

Weren’t those old Easton sticks (original Stealth, I think?) 400 grams or lighter? It seemed like everyone kind of agreed 415-430 was about the sweet spot until Bauer disrupted that with the Vapor 1X Lite and ADV. 

Easton never really won the weight wars back then; they reduced the Synergy one year (which was the year they seemed to break on every shot in the playoffs) and went back up the following year.  The TPS XN10 was truly the first one that shed significant weight from their previous model.

Still think 420g is the sweet spot.

4 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

400g is the lowest you can go IMO before the puck starts to feel like a bowling ball.

I don’t see the need for anything lighter than that. 

Feels good to me but maybe I'm used to it.

It's interesting they featured Dumoulin using the stick. A stay at home defenseman isn't your typical lighweight stick guy. It's probably wrapped.

Edited by sko buffs

On 2/24/2019 at 10:39 AM, CaptainFranchise said:

Interesting. I wonder if they are moving towards updating their whole stick line every year like CCM. 

I don't think CCM is updating the Tacks and Ribcore lines this year are they?

On 2/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, CaptainFranchise said:

The original Stealth was listed at either 385g or 395g.  It was the last stick I got to use for free in college and the things just exploded on a regular basis.  I’ll see if I have one lying around in storage somewhere.  

Edited by shooter27

1 hour ago, hellaavangard said:

Not so much of a new gear sighting but it's a trip seeing Jagr using 1) white tape 2) a Pastrnak style tape job

Jagr Rytiri feb 2019 sized.jpeg

Almost looks like he tapes it and then shaves the bottom portion of the tape off. I can't tell by this picture. 

20 hours ago, hellaavangard said:

Not so much of a new gear sighting but it's a trip seeing Jagr using 1) white tape 2) a Pastrnak style tape job

I think you mean a Petr Klima style tape job 😉  sincereley, an old guy who is realizing just how old he is.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Almost looks like he tapes it and then shaves the bottom portion of the tape off. I can't tell by this picture. 

The way I’ve seen it done is to use a single blade knife to slice a line where you want to rip away the lower portion of the tape job; leaves the rest in place but also leaves a slash groove in the blade’s surface.