Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

21 hours ago, the iceman said:

auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-lea

Warrior branding on the side has been covered up.

No.  The DX has a black Warrior logo on a black matte stick (that's a discussion for another day) so you can see the WARR if you look hard enough.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

No.  The DX has a black Warrior logo on a black matte stick (that's a discussion for another day) so you can see the WARR if you look hard enough.

You can definitely see it, now that you mention it. What I noticed but hadn't seen before was Matthews' toe lifts. I'm used to spotting heel lifts or heel and toe lifts rather than lifts just on the toes. Interesting.

david-pastrnak-of-the-boston-bruins-batt

On 4/17/2019 at 2:45 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

What happens from here is that the brand who has the player under contract will then work to fix whatever issue the endorsee has with the product.  Or it can be a situation in which he is unhappy with the service the brand/brand rep is providing.

Once you have players trying different brands *in-game* it's usually downhill from there.  But no, it's not like there's a lawyer waiting for him in the locker room after the game serving him with papers.

I think Bauer is going to have a hard time switching him back while the Leafs are in the playoffs, as EQMs don't want reps around this time of year.  They may be on summer vacation after tomorrow night; we'll see.

I've been told by those who know that AMs deal with Bauer was patterned off of Crosby's deal with CCM and, as a former pro rep, for him to switch is most likely months (or the entire season) of being unhappy with product, not just the past few games or weeks.

It's now up to Bauer to either work with him or let him walk...  The latter wouldn't surprise me.

6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Agreed. 

The Toronto market is #1 priority for Bauer. No way they want to lose him. From experience, it's not a lack of service. The Toronto Bauer rep is in room on a weekly basis. There always is the possibility of relationship issues but in this case it looks like a product issue. If Bonny (Bauer factory) couldn't deliver new spec sticks or had an issue with a batch then this could have caused player frustrations. Warrior can deliver samples very fast and all it takes is a small opening and hence the current situation. After servicing NHL teams for 20 years I can say with certainty that it happens to the best of them. Crosby used Dupuis Bauer's, Forsberg used Bauer for 2 weeks, Ovie first switch to Bauer while under contract. I could go on and on.... It will always happen to every company and usually there is never any legal pursuit. Payments are made or not made and it is worked out between agents and sports marketing execs. Gun to my head, this runs its course for the playoffs and then he's back into Bauer once the product is squared away. Warrior can always match and up the contract dollars once his Bauer deal has expired. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Leave it to Boston fans to be assholes whenever they get the chance.

That's not being an a-hole... This is being an a-hole....

Never challenge a Bruins fan to an asshole contest, it's not a fair fight. 😋

low-prices-every-day-1067-02n-apl-leafs-gta-walmart-29701512.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, stick9 said:

That's not being an a-hole... This is being an a-hole....

Never challenge a Bruins fan to an asshole contest, it's not a fair fight. 😋

LOL

On 4/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, flip12 said:

You can definitely see it, now that you mention it. What I noticed but hadn't seen before was Matthews' toe lifts. I'm used to spotting heel lifts or heel and toe lifts rather than lifts just on the toes. Interesting.

david-pastrnak-of-the-boston-bruins-batt

He must like a negative or neutral pitch on his skates and doesn't want to mess with profiling. 

2 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

He must like a negative or neutral pitch on his skates and doesn't want to mess with profiling. 

That would be my guess too, I just notice heel lifts more often than toe. After spotting it on Matthews I noticed JVR also has toe lifts.

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

That would be my guess too, I just notice heel lifts more often than toe. After spotting it on Matthews I noticed JVR also has toe lifts.

With JVR wearing TRUE skates I can kind of understand as it will negate any of the pitch built into the boot. TRUE skates have about 1.6mm built into the boot design. We get a lot of players who switch to TRUE and cannot adapt to the pitch and thus we need to put a lift in the front. Maybe the new Vapor has an extreme pitch built into the boot too and Auton doesn't like it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

With JVR wearing TRUE skates I can kind of understand as it will negate any of the pitch built into the boot. TRUE skates have about 1.6mm built into the boot design. We get a lot of players who switch to TRUE and cannot adapt to the pitch and thus we need to put a lift in the front. Maybe the new Vapor has an extreme pitch built into the boot too and Auton doesn't like it. 

I thought jvr only has the lifts on one skate and both front and back. Wouldn't this mean to offset leg length discrepancies. 

Edited by Sniper9