Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 5/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, Sniper9 said:

I thought jvr only has the lifts on one skate and both front and back. Wouldn't this mean to offset leg length discrepancies. 

The lifts on both players skates have zero to do with profile and pitch. They are both working with Patrick Kelly (Red Kellys son) He has a formula to balance the players in there skates. The profile of the blade is not changed.. Patrick has 53 guys on his system right now and more lined up for the summer. Although he's preoccupied at the moment as his father unexpectedly passed away last Thursday night.  Very sad. JVR and him were just in that morning while we worked on JVRs skates for the world's. His dad was doing better but passed 2 hours after he left the hospital.  😔 RIP Mr Kelly. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, CaptainFranchise said:

I’ve seen some photos of it and the new AS2 stock floating around on instagram. Don’t know how legitimate they are though. That’s definitely a new stick. I’m shocked they just released the 3D

7 hours ago, nutters said:

Liam Kirk at the World Championship with the 2S Pro gloves and Flylite stick

liam-kirk-of-great-britain-got-hit-by-a-

You have to hand it for Bauer for innovating, the double stick technology will be a game changer!

Edited by Hills
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Oilers97 said:

So the flylite is the top of the line vapour this year. Not the 2X Pro? Or are they separate sticks. 

iirc the line goes: flylite, 2x pro, 2x, 270 (or team)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nutters said:

iirc the line goes: flylite, 2x pro, 2x, 270 (or team)

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was like the ADV sort of thing. Wonder if that tech is in the flylite 

13 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was like the ADV sort of thing. Wonder if that tech is in the flylite 

No problem. Looks like the lower end one will be the Vapor 2.7 (lowest goalie gear released this week has that number).

Only tech I have heard is the elliptical taper. I don't know if it is a FL only feature or is on the entire line.

Edited by nutters

3 hours ago, nutters said:

No problem. Looks like the lower end one will be the Vapor 2.7 (lowest goalie gear released this week has that number).

Only tech I have heard is the elliptical taper. I don't know if it is a FL only feature or is on the entire line.

It’s on the top 3. Bottom ones have the qrt+ taper

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sbecks72986 said:

It’s on the top 3. Bottom ones have the qrt+ taper

Cool. I’ve never used an Easton with the taper. What’s the big difference with it?

i should mention I have a 1x 

Edited by Oilers97

It’s just a low kick with a very quick release similar to the warrior in my opinion. I’ve used a lot of low kicks, Bauer, ccm, Sherwood, warrior, Easton’s and the warriors lately have the quickest release I feel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oilers97 said:

Cool. I’ve never used an Easton with the taper. What’s the big difference with it?

i should mention I have a 1x 

I felt it made the stick play whippier than the flex. Especially compared to their pre-ET low kicks

From my experience with the S19, the ellipse lets you get more power out of a low kick stick where traditionally low kick sticks sacrificed power for quickness of release.

Unfortunately the trade off is a more blade-heavy stick. I don’t see why the ellipse would be more blade heavy but it probably has to do with the way they have to layer the carbon fiber in order to make that portion of the stick stronger (so they probably put more carbon fiber in there).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

What’s different?

No Vancouver on the front and the stick in rink patch is updated.

Unfortunately, the helmet still looks too big on Pettersson.

Edited by nutters

Any purpose to the extra flaps on the bottom of Johansson ‘s shin pads? They flop out over his skates. Is it just something small to protect lace area ?

Now they just need to do as Pittsburgh did and transition them from 3rds to primaries. Somebody should send that memo to the flames as well....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like a lot of the older jersey designs but not that one, at the time i remember it being my least favorite and it still doesn’t have much going for it besides nostalgia to me.

I love the mid-90s Canucks unis. Easily that franchise’s best IMO.

Edited by flip12
  • Like 1

If we’re going back to 90’s era jerseys can we start bringing back that era’s gloves designs too? Can’t stand solid black or blue gloves most teams use.

• Like 3