Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
skinni44

Wheels for 300lbs player

Hi guys, I'm about 300 lbs and been using the yellow grippers for years and years but seeing if there is anything else out there that I can give a go and won't break down? With the different materials and stuff now since the grippers came out I don't know what will last?

Cheers

imho you still want to be looking at a single pour wheel but this depends on how hard you skate. If you are into aggressive stops and high speed turns then finding a perfect wheel that provides grip and durability is near on impossible. Grippers are still one of your best options, Hi-Lo Clingers or Konixx Catalyst might work. If you are looking for a budget option the Shooters are a long lasting wheel but you may sacrifice some grip on a ice court.

I would step up hardness ratings slowly. You may even be able to grip in some of the harder wheels that are “for multi surface” because they are hard enough for smoot concrete, however can be used on tile. With the weight I think you will grip. 

• Like 1

Also I use konixx pures in a plus 1 at 205 I believe they make a + 2 that might be hard enough. My konixx pures are hands down the best wheels I have ever been on. I cut pretty hard and they always stick and they are hard enough where I’m flying around the rink in comparison to the revision wheels that came on my 1xr’s. I actually threw those wheels on my ref skates lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I’m tall, heavy and on the Konixx band wagon as well.

All the top wheels were killing my performance, gave pure +2 a try and it’s been a game changer.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

Yeah I’m tall, heavy and on the Konixx band wagon as well.

All the top wheels were killing my performance, gave pure +2 a try and it’s been a game changer.

I was like 230 when i decided to try out the Konix +1 and i dont really care for them. They are fast, and I have to give them credit for durability but the grip and stability are not there for me. 

As a heavy skater, best wheel i've ever used was the Orange Addictions. They lasted maybe 2.5 - 3 seasons before they chunked out. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 6:27 PM, MD56 said:

I was like 230 when i decided to try out the Konix +1 and i dont really care for them. They are fast, and I have to give them credit for durability but the grip and stability are not there for me. 

As a heavy skater, best wheel i've ever used was the Orange Addictions. They lasted maybe 2.5 - 3 seasons before they chunked out. 

2.5-3 seasons on a set of wheels?! You’re doing well! 

I’ve got a work colleague in Vancouver and have got a deal from the guys at coast to coast so getting him to bring over some wheels. Bargain compared to the UK. Set of grippers and a set of Konixx +2 for around £80 compared to around £140. I’ll take a punt at that price!