Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Thanos

Bauer Stick Warranty help/question

Straight from Bauer's warranty page:

Please note that, upon examination of returned stick, if BAUER Hockey determines that there is a manufacturing defect, we will ship the same or equivalent model stick replacement to the address you provide. 

It's right there in black and white.  I'm no lawyer, but it would seem their position is in violation of Ontaro consumer protection laws.  

Perhaps an email to the CEOs of Bauer and Canadian Tire Corporation, asking if you need to take this to Canada's Competition Bureau?

(Canada’s Competition Bureau enforces the rules against misleading warranties and guarantees).

Edited by boo10

A lot of companies are more responsive on Twitter, because they are being called out in a public forum, whereas your emails are all private, so no one else can see. 

Maybe try contacting them publicly on Twitter or Instagram and you see if you get a more palatable response that way? 

I'm sure they are also aware it's like $100, and there's only some much time and energy you can invest into it, so they can just wait you out with the "be happy you're getting anything" response. 

• Like 1

Howdy,

Yeah, I'd be pissed, FWIW.  And I agree that public messages are the way to go.

As a contrast, True appears to have just shipped me a replacement 2018 A5.2SBP for a clearance A5.2SBP previous model that broke.  And they'd have been fully within their rights to look at the pictures I sent in and say "Dude, you obviously got that caught in a door gap and snapped the toe off".

Mark

imho at this stage they are betting they can stonewall you and that you will eventually give up, 99.9% of people just can't be bothered after the initial complaint / response scenario. How much of a real PITA do you want to be? The above advice is good for social media and any public forum you can think of. Radio / tv / print / internet. Hockey is one of the major sports in Canada and anything that impacts gear will be picked up by someone. eg try here: https://globalnews.ca/tag/consumer-protection/

For official channels read this http://www.consumerhandbook.ca/en/topics/products-and-services/complaints

Again, it's up to you and how much time and effort you want to put into it.

Taking a quick look at the Pro Hockey Life site. Looks like you (the OP) paid $199 for the 1N. From what they show on the site in that price range you are looking at a 1S or a Nexus N2900. 

If it were me I’d grab a 1S’s and be more than happy. While the N2900 may not be my first choice, as a free stick I’d probably be satisfied.

I get that it’s not the point here, it’s the principal of it. At some point you have to say, do I fight over principals or take the free stick.

Edited by stick9

So I was sharing this situation with the guys in the shop and wondered what would happen if :

the customer has a low end stick that broke under the 30 day warranty but he paid $300 for it ??!!

Will Bauer replace with like $$ spent on that stick ??!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

So I was sharing this situation with the guys in the shop and wondered what would happen if :

the customer has a low end stick that broke under the 30 day warranty but he paid $300 for it ??!!

Will Bauer replace with like $$ spent on that stick ??!!

No, Bauer will provide a like replacement for the amount paid that they feel is suitable. 

Hi All,

Wanted to close the loop on this.

After more prodding on my part and asking to have my scenario, I was passed on to a national manager who agreed to fulfill the warranty claim based on the stick and not the price i paid.  As a result i got a 2n Pro.  

She did mention however that their policy of warranty replacements based on value paid is correct, but because the website warranty information stated stick for stick, she would honour this time however would be requesting to have the verbiage updated to better align with current practices.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions folks.

I heard that the reason they've raised the price on their sticks recently was because of how much Bauer pays for losing inventory when people abuse their warranty. However, this may have been an unreliable source. If it were a correct source I have to say I'm frustrated to hear that Bauer is this difficult about their warranties for their customers.

This is why I buy pro stocks for the most current top of the line stick that have my specs online when I can find them (it does take some digging). I find I can save 100 bucks after shipping and spending an extra 100 bucks for a 30 day warranty just isn't worth it for me.

18 minutes ago, theinfamoust94 said:

I heard that the reason they've raised the price on their sticks recently was because of how much Bauer pays for losing inventory when people abuse their warranty. However, this may have been an unreliable source. If it were a correct source I have to say I'm frustrated to hear that Bauer is this difficult about their warranties for their customers.

This is why I buy pro stocks for the most current top of the line stick that have my specs online when I can find them (it does take some digging). I find I can save 100 bucks after shipping and spending an extra 100 bucks for a 30 day warranty just isn't worth it for me.

I just picked up two brand new 2N Pro 82 Flex P-28 sticks in orange for $350 shipped. I’ve never broken a stick in 30 days of purchase 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Thanos said:

Hi All,

Wanted to close the loop on this.

After more prodding on my part and asking to have my scenario, I was passed on to a national manager who agreed to fulfill the warranty claim based on the stick and not the price i paid.  As a result i got a 2n Pro.  

She did mention however that their policy of warranty replacements based on value paid is correct, but because the website warranty information stated stick for stick, she would honour this time however would be requesting to have the verbiage updated to better align with current practices.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions folks.

I'm glad for you that they finally did the right thing. I just hope that replacing this one stick at about $50 wholesale cost to them does not cause Bauer to go Chapter 11 again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4