Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
darkhors

Warrior QR Edge Girdle

I bought the QRE Girdle a month ago when they first came out and returned/exchanged them for CCM Super Tacks girdle instead. The QRE girdle, in my opinion, is not really a girdle. It's basically a light weight pants (shell sold separately). To me, girdles are more of a wrap-around style with full adjustability. QRE girdle can not be 'unwrapped' from the front and wrap around your waist nor can you unwrap the thighs to adjust padding around your legs.

It's rather misleading to even call the QRE girdle a girdle... While the QRE girdle seems pretty well made, it's a pant/breezer style that you just slip on. My son has been wearing true girdles for a few years now and he obviously prefers the wrap-around feature, and when he saw the QRE girdle, he had no interest. He went from Bauer Supreme MX3 girdle to CCM Super Tacks (most adjustable girdle we have ever seen) and he likes the CCM girdle just fine.

Edited by Coldclay
  • Like 1

Is it loose?  I have been wearing girdles forever.  Cooper CG Pro in high school and eventually Tackla.  The wrap around is a relatively recent development.  To me a girdle is tight and has a shell, whether it wraps or not.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Coldclay said:

I bought the QRE Girdle a month ago when they first came out and returned/exchanged them for CCM Super Tacks girdle instead. The QRE girdle, in my opinion, is not really a girdle. It's basically a light weight pants (shell sold separately). To me, girdles are more of a wrap-around style with full adjustability. QRE girdle can not be 'unwrapped' from the front and wrap around your waist nor can you unwrap the thighs to adjust padding around your legs.

It's rather misleading to even call the QRE girdle a girdle... While the QRE girdle seems pretty well made, it's a pant/breezer style that you just slip on. My son has been wearing true girdles for a few years now and he obviously prefers the wrap-around feature, and when he saw the QRE girdle, he had no interest. He went from Bauer Supreme MX3 girdle to CCM Super Tacks (most adjustable girdle we have ever seen) and he likes the CCM girdle just fine.

I disagree that it’s not a true girdle. It’s a lot closer to the ones I grew up using than the Tacks ones I use now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

I disagree that it’s not a true girdle. It’s a lot closer to the ones I grew up using than the Tacks ones I use now. 

Yeah for me, it doesn't really matter if it wraps or not as long as it's somewhat light and it's protective. I have the TotalOne NXG and I put it on like it's a one-piece anyway. I'm more concerned with how it fits when it's on rather than how it goes on. I guess I'll just have to find one and see how they fit. 

14 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Is it loose?  I have been wearing girdles forever.  Cooper CG Pro in high school and eventually Tackla.  The wrap around is a relatively recent development.  To me a girdle is tight and has a shell, whether it wraps or not.

54 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Ok, fair enough. I suppose it comes down to your definition of what a girdle is/should be. The Warrior QRE girdle is very much like the 'old-school' girdle (Cooperall) that you simply slip on, with no adjustment capability except the waist, and you can't remove/add padding (like the Bauer Supreme NXG, MX3 or even Cooperall). It isn't 'loose' but rather a sung feel like compression shorts with a belt to adjust at the waist. I prefer the more new-school ones you can wrap around your waist, thighs and with the CCM Super Tacks, height/length are adjustable as well.

I also feel the CCM Super Tacks offer better protection than the QRE Girdle. The QRE feels 'thin' at certain areas and for full contact Bantam hockey, my kid said the CCM girdle feels more solid and thicker, offering more protection.

• Like 1

Tried it on when shopping for new girdles recently. The fit was the best out of the 3 I tried (QRE, 9k, Super Tacks), but I had some issues with the protection offered by the Warrior girdle. Add to the fact that I needed to add the cost of a shell, and the decision to go with the Super Tacks option was much easier. Full disclosure- I'm more interested in protection than mobility, and the Super Tacks offered a more protective solution (imo) to the Warrior. That said, the Warrior girdle felt really light and mobile.

On 7/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, Coldclay said:

Anyone who grew up when Cooperalls first came out is going to have a completely different point of view than the one you express above.

colins

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, colins said:

Anyone who grew up when Cooperalls first came out is going to have a completely different point of view than the one you express above.

colins

That said, I don't disagree with your conclusions w.r.t protection. The Warrior QRE girdle hasn't changed a whole lot from the Dynasty version. It's very nice and lightweight.

We (between myself and 2 sons) own a Dynasty girdle, NXG girdle, Super Tacks and CCM 7092 girdle. Of them all I think the 7092 is the best overall balance of comfort, fit, protection and cost.

colins

Edited by colins

Slight thread hi-jack, but what is the construction/build of the "internal components" for the 1s and MX3 pants?  Are they a "wrap" girdle?  None of the websites seem to show what the internal components look like.