Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

ultimatefaceoff.ccmhockey.com

As someone who worked in hockey retail, I would always refrain from entering these contests as I felt that working in the industry should mean that I would be ineligible.

It wasn't as if you were the only one who this applies to in this thread, as there were others.  I personally don't think it's a good look.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 8:41 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

As a NY'er I guess I wont get my hat...  c'est la vie!

I emailed them and told them you were well stocked on all the leftover make American great again hats 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CRupp13 said:

Did it come from an address in Montreal by chance?

Yep, it sure did. I was very confused on Monday when I got the FedEx notice of a package coming from Montreal. I had completely forgotten that I won the hat. 

8 hours ago, aintitthelife98 said:

Yep, it sure did. I was very confused on Monday when I got the FedEx notice of a package coming from Montreal. I had completely forgotten that I won the hat. 

Thats exactly what i was wondering, i got a notification of a new fedex package yesterday and was like WTF is this. Then when i saw your post i said hmmm i wonder....

Yeah.  Originally told I was ineligible for the promotion, but got my hat yesterday through FedEx.  Kudos to CCM.  They've really gotten their act together in the last couple of years.  I've dealt with their customer service and warranty department a few times, and their service has been top notch.

• Like 1

First off, thanks to CCM for the free hat and Nicholas G for posting this thread.

Previous hats: old 59/50 fitted wool cubs hat from 20 years ago, free Nike mesh hat for my job, old Exxon hat with a cool band patch on it.  I don’t wear hats much.

Overall 7/10. Decent hat and serves its functions. I wouldn’t wear it while playing, but is great for wearing to rink or to weddings or court hearings  

Fit: 6.5/10. Ccm Jetspeed hat sits kinda high on my head. I wish it was a slightly more shallow, and my head circumference fits between two snaps, so it’s either too tight or too loose. Would be helpful if it had the Boa style adjustment like the Warrior Alpha helmet. I do prefer the snaps over the “fitted” style, as this accommodates a variety of head shapes. 

Looks: 8/10. Red and white is a nice combo. Basic CCM is subtle and classy, and makes me feel ok about being free advertising. I don’t love the mesh back, but don’t hate it. I think the Jetspeed logo on the back would be better in red, to match the front of the hat.  Brim has a gentle curve I like, probably most similar to the old Easton Iginla. Top of the brim is red and bottom is white, reminiscent of “Oreo” type cages. 

“Snapback” style creates a classic look.  

Protection: TBD. I haven’t worn it on a sunny day yet, but looks like it will keep the sun out of my eyes. VA Tech ratings aren’t available for this yet, but I suspect it does not protect from heavy impact. (I know, I know, that study has flaws...)

Intangibles: Doesn’t really fit well with my glasses or sun glasses, so that limits when I can wear it. I LOVE the old “block” style CCM logo, but this newish logo is ok. With the resurgence of the Tacks name, would be cool to see some branding with the classic logo. 

Edited by start_today
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4