Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

While looking at the Super Tacks As1 for pre order on some sites they show a P88 Ovechkin curve as an option. Does anyone know if this will this be a new crazy curve, or just their retail P80 (Bauer P88 clone)/P40 replacement? Noticed it though there seems to be no additional details that I have found.

If I were guess it’s now a true P88 clone at retail to replace the P40-

The Hossa/Mackinnon P40 isn’t showing up as available for preorder and had a much squarer toe IIRC. 

Popular player + popular pattern = sales. What’s funny is McDavid’s actual pattern is pretty close to a P88, while Ovechkin’s is close to a P28/P08/Kreps. Too late to swap?

Edit: Monkey has both the P40 and P88 for pre order, IW only has the P88. Weird. 

Edited by Cavs019

On 8/6/2018 at 9:34 AM, Cavs019 said:

If I were guess it’s now a true P88 clone at retail to replace the P40-

The Hossa/Mackinnon P40 isn’t showing up as available for preorder and had a much squarer toe IIRC. 

Popular player + popular pattern = sales. What’s funny is McDavid’s actual pattern is pretty close to a P88, while Ovechkin’s is close to a P28/P08/Kreps. Too late to swap?

Edit: Monkey has both the P40 and P88 for pre order, IW only has the P88. Weird. 

McDavid's got a p45 iirc.

McDavid's pattern looks a lot like Easton's Iginla-Jr with a bit deeper curve.

It's generally a mid-curve with a pretty substantial degree of loft. It's a funny blade face. Kinda reminds me of a platypus.

Do you guys know if the JetSpeed stick will be offered in the new p88, if not how different is p40. CCM’s not having a p88 curve is the reason I haven’t tried one out in a while.

1 hour ago, Novotnoa said:

Do you guys know if the JetSpeed stick will be offered in the new p88, if not how different is p40. CCM’s not having a p88 curve is the reason I haven’t tried one out in a while.

The P40 and P88 are very similar.  P40 is slightly shorter.  The toe of the P40 is slightly taller and square(ish).  The actual curvature of the blade is almost identical.

Edited by boo10