Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
the1kp

CCM P30 Curve

Does anyone have experience using the CCM P30 curve? I'm looking to pick up a new stick for the Winter season and currently using the W88 curve.

I am currently using a P30 and am a P88 guy. To be honest I didn’t notice much difference between the way the two play. I don’t really shoot from the toe so maybe that’d make a difference. Passing and handling feel the same to me as well. 

19 minutes ago, goalieman39 said:

The curves are very similar other than the toe.  It's awesome if you shoot off the toe.

i've always been a P88 user and got a P30 on my supertacks 2.0.  It is now my favorite curve, and i've noticed my puck control, and shooting have been better than ever.  It could also be due to how good i think this stick is, but some of it i have to attribute to the curve IMO.

My kid has been a P88 guy all his life and tried the P30 on a Supertacks 2.0 and LOVED it. The stick itself was whatever but the P30 curve he loved. Pretty much identical with P88 except the toe is kinked. However, he's not a fan of CCM sticks so he has gone back to P88 since Warrior (QRE and Alpha QX) doesn't have a P30 clone.

Someone, other than CCM, needs to come up with a P30 clone STAT!

20 hours ago, Coldclay said:

My kid has been a P88 guy all his life and tried the P30 on a Supertacks 2.0 and LOVED it. The stick itself was whatever but the P30 curve he loved. Pretty much identical with P88 except the toe is kinked. However, he's not a fan of CCM sticks so he has gone back to P88 since Warrior (QRE and Alpha QX) doesn't have a P30 clone.

Someone, other than CCM, needs to come up with a P30 clone STAT!

I agree, my Trigger2 is just meh, but I love the P30 coming from a P88.  I'm the opposite as your son though - I'll stick with the Trigger2 to keep the P30 blade.

A Vapor 1X with a P30 may be the best stick ever for me.

• Like 1

I typically use a P28 and sometimes the P92, so I decided to give the JetSpeed P30 a try. I like the curve more than a P92 but a little less than the P28. I think passing and taking quick shots when the puck is not level is easier with the P30 vs the P28. The slightly fatter toe is also easier to scoop the puck. That being said, I still like the P28 more. It's very possible that since I use the True A6.0 HT it was the stick itself that made the curve feel wrong, but until I can try that same curve on a True A6.0 HT stick I dont think my thoughts about it will change. 

Edited by Nicholas G

1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

I agree, my Trigger2 is just meh, but I love the P30 coming from a P88.  I'm the opposite as your son though - I'll stick with the Trigger2 to keep the P30 blade.

A Vapor 1X with a P30 may be the best stick ever for me.

I have been wanting to try the Trigger but the feedback is the blade is soft and not very durable. Is that your impression? Or did you like the blade and dislike the shaft? 

3 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

I have been wanting to try the Trigger but the feedback is the blade is soft and not very durable. Is that your impression? Or did you like the blade and dislike the shaft? 

The blade is fine.  It's a little softer feeling, but I'm ok with that.  Durability hasn't been an issue at all.  My problem is the shaft.  It just doesn't have the kick that my 1X 2.0 did.  I guess part of that could be the softer blade too though.  But the big thing is it doesn't load as easily at the 1X did, so I'm having to use a lower flex - 70 vs 77 in Bauer.  I'm probably losing some pop and velocity as a result.

Edited by psulion22

Howdy,

Anyone know if there are any prostock curves that are really similar to the P30?  I've been using one for a while and like it.  Coming from a P88 it feels like I have a little more control when stick handling like the P28, but don't have the issues I had with the P28's open toe.

My only issue so far is finding deals on sticks with that curve.  🙂

Mark

On 9/30/2018 at 8:38 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Anyone know if there are any prostock curves that are really similar to the P30?  I've been using one for a while and like it.  Coming from a P88 it feels like I have a little more control when stick handling like the P28, but don't have the issues I had with the P28's open toe.

Mark

Try eBay and Sideline Swap.

I have 

On 9/30/2018 at 5:38 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

I have the 2018 CCM Jet Speed stick, top of the line with the P30 in a 75 flex, right hand. I dont need it as I have a ton of sticks currently so I would be happy to give you it for a reasonable offer. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. 

Howdy,

5 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I have 

I have the 2018 CCM Jet Speed stick, top of the line with the P30 in a 75 flex, right hand. I dont need it as I have a ton of sticks currently so I would be happy to give you it for a reasonable offer. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. 

Sounds perfect, but I'm a lefty.  😞

Mark

22 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

Anyone know if Bauer is possibly releasing their version of a P30 clone with the new line of sticks this year?

I would guess that they are going to kill some curves at retail that will only be available for customs and special bookings. CCM added the P30 and P88, but put the 14, 19, 38, 45 and 46 on the chopping block. 15 and 40 are probably next.

1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

Anyone know if Bauer is possibly releasing their version of a P30 clone with the new line of sticks this year?

Friend told me it's only P92, P88, and P28. P92M on top two sticks (there are only four). Not sure how true that is, but he said he saw the catalogue. It's par for the course what Bauer has done with their other sticks, so I wouldn't expect anything. Only three different curves. I bet you CCM will be bringing the P88 to all sticks. Hopefully P30 stays with all prices; I'm eager to try it, but don't want to pay $150+

On 1/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, psulion22 said:

Not sure if it is still available but the P14 was basically Bauer's version of the P30.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Not sure if it is still available but the P14 was basically Bauer's version of the P30.

Yeah, it's close.  The biggest issue for me with P14 is the lie, it's too high.  The blade is a little shorter and more open at the toe, which isn't a huge issue.  But I need a low lie and the P14 is closer to a 6, while P30 is a 5.  Thanks

• Like 1

Has anyone else gotten an original P30 - Parise, and a P30 - Panarin from this year?  I feel like the lie on the Panarin is lower than the Parise, even though the curve is the same. Can someone confirm that?