Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

2018 Third Jerseys

Now that the Adidas uniforms have been out for a year, teams are now starting to roll new third jerseys. Let’s discuss them here, as well as what you would like to see from your team if they haven’t announced one yet. 

I really do love all these throwbacks. I'm sure the Islanders will find a way to royally screw it up since there really is no throwback option. For those of you who will say something, no the fisherman is NOT an option.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CRupp13 said:

I really do love all these throwbacks. I'm sure the Islanders will find a way to royally screw it up since there really is no throwback option. For those of you who will say something, no the fisherman is NOT an option.

I was going to suggest the fisherman just because of how bad it was.

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I was going to suggest the fisherman just because of how bad it was.

There hasn't been anything good for the Islanders organization in a long time, and the fisherman is a reminder of probably the worst time this franchise has ever gone through. With Tavares leaving at the beginning of the summer, the team needs something new, not a reminder of something really bad. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CRupp13 said:

There hasn't been anything good for the Islanders organization in a long time, and the fisherman is a reminder of probably the worst time this franchise has ever gone through. With Tavares leaving at the beginning of the summer, the team needs something new, not a reminder of something really bad. 

Eh, they kind of tried the new thing with the black alternates. They should either go back to the Stadium series set or go back the fisherman route. Both of those looks are unique, Fisherman would throw in the unique shade of blue.

Ducks jerseys are a huge swing and a miss, the NHL doesn't need ANOTHER black based jersey. It should've been eggplant based with black accents.

Coyotes knocked it out of the park with their throwbacks. Everyone wants them, they are unique and a step up on their current jerseys.

The Hurricanes are so close to being great, but I just feel it is a bit off. Not going with red numbers with thick white font removes the uniqueness of the previous alternate. I think the striping pattern is too bland but the state hidden in the primary logo is an awesome touch.

Canucks with the flying skate is a safe bet, they used it a few years ago to great success. I still think they should dump the orca logo though.

Flyers went the safe route with their black stadium series jerseys. I think the Flyers have a great look and that rounds the set up with a black based one.

44 minutes ago, Hills said:

Eh, they kind of tried the new thing with the black alternates. They should either go back to the Stadium series set or go back the fisherman route. Both of those looks are unique, Fisherman would throw in the unique shade of blue.

The black alternates were terrible, but that was the Barclays mgmt decision to try and keep them in sync with the Nets. From what I'm hearing, its going to be a predominantly orange jersey with the NY from the stadium series jerseys.

46 minutes ago, Hills said:

Coyotes knocked it out of the park with their throwbacks. Everyone wants them, they are unique and a step up on their current jerseys.

Love the Coyotes throwbacks!

47 minutes ago, Hills said:

Canucks with the flying skate is a safe bet, they used it a few years ago to great success. I still think they should dump the orca logo though.

Canucks is great too, this was a fan vote though. They let them decide what the 3rd jersey would be for their anniversary season.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Ducks jerseys are a huge swing and a miss, the NHL doesn't need ANOTHER black based jersey. It should've been eggplant based with black accents.

The Hurricanes are so close to being great, but I just feel it is a bit off. Not going with red numbers with thick white font removes the uniqueness of the previous alternate. I think the striping pattern is too bland but the state hidden in the primary logo is an awesome touch.

Flyers went the safe route with their black stadium series jerseys. I think the Flyers have a great look and that rounds the set up with a black based one.

I agree with all of this.

Even if the Isles didn't want the actual fisherman logo, I think the "wave" jersey with the lighthouse logo would have been a good option.

Ducks should absolutely have been eggplant.  I would have preferred an eggplant based more modern jersey with the old logo than this.

I applaud the Hurricanes for consistently finding ways to add unique theme elements into their designs.  The overall result may not be great, or even good, sometimes but they always have some little touch in there.

I like the flying skate logo, but would maybe have preferred some nod to the V uniforms.  Let's forget the Orca ever existed.

I still want an Av's set with the Yeti foot as the primary logo.

Edited by psulion22
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CRupp13 said:

The black alternates were terrible, but that was the Barclays mgmt decision to try and keep them in sync with the Nets. From what I'm hearing, its going to be a predominantly orange jersey with the NY from the stadium series jerseys.

I feel like orange is a bad idea. Islanders have had 1 orange jersey and it was pretty terrible... Imagine them doing the stadium series jersey but with Fisherman blue accents... yes please.

Edit:

Now that I have looked at some concepts... orange isn't a BAD idea if done right. I still think it the Flyers and Oilers have orange and Islanders shouldn't copy them. With that said these are pretty cool.

?format=750w

?format=750w

?format=750w

Edited by Hills
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, the_game said:

Only gripe with New Jersey is the gloves, that cuff roll needs to be white with black lettering for the company. Other than that, love that set up.

Why would the gloves have black on them when that jersey doesn't have any black at all?

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Nice. They need to go back to the green full time.

I agree that their red/green/white jerseys are better than their normal ones. I feel like the green doesn't suit "The Devils." I know the Jersey Devil lives in a forest but still haha.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:06 AM, Hills said:

Why would the gloves have black on them when that jersey doesn't have any black at all?

If you hop in the ol' way back machine and take a look at the gloves the Devils wore with these jerseys the cuff roll was white with black lettering. I just think the white cuff roll looks better and the green cuff roll is too 'christmasy' ha.

As to why the Devils used black lettering on the cuff role there is probably some ol' Lou Lamoriello folklore with the reasoning behind that. 

Or it could be that was just the norm back then, look at the Rangers, Whalers, Blues, Flames, teams that used white cuff rolls the manufacturer name was in black font in the 80's and early 90's. I even remember some Sabres gloves with yellow cuff rolls from back then had the manufacturer name in black font. Manufacturers back then could probably only do white or black branding on the materials they used or maybe it was cheaper?

I am sure Junkyard could probably answer this question. I was just a kid back in those days and that's when I got obsessed with gear, so for me when I see some of these throwback/retro jerseys I pray they bring back the old glove color ways from 90's. The one color gloves so many teams use today are just so damn boring.

Edited by the_game
  • Like 1

What is everyone’s thoughts on teams honoring a heritage franchise? Like the Dallas Stars would have a North stars throwback, or at least nods to it. Colorado would have Quebec, Carolina would have Hartford, etc. I think it would be a cool way of bringing those teams and logos back for just a little. 

4 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on teams honoring a heritage franchise? Like the Dallas Stars would have a North stars throwback, or at least nods to it. Colorado would have Quebec, Carolina would have Hartford, etc. I think it would be a cool way of bringing those teams and logos back for just a little. 

I'm all for it, considering how much I loved the Jets wearing their old uniforms a couple seasons ago. 

24 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm all for it, considering how much I loved the Jets wearing their old uniforms a couple seasons ago. 

What about a Jets vs Jets uni game between Winnipeg and Phoenix?