Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

2018 Third Jerseys

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

BOOM. Canes just won the 3rd jersey battle. 

It isn't a 3rd jersey, their 3rd is their ugly black one. This one is just for a few nights. They need to wear those against the retro flames!

On 9/28/2018 at 8:41 AM, Hills said:

It isn't a 3rd jersey, their 3rd is their ugly black one. This one is just for a few nights. They need to wear those against the retro flames!

Not even sure it's for a few nights. I think I read it's for a one off "Whalers Night" in Dec. Still a nice jersey though.

6 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

Not even sure it's for a few nights. I think I read it's for a one off "Whalers Night" in Dec. Still a nice jersey though.

According to Icethetics:

We’ll be able to watch the Whalers skate again when the Hurricanes face Hartford’s old rival, the Boston Bruins. The first game is just in time for Christmas on Sun., Dec. 23 in Raleigh. The other is late in the season on Tues., March 5 in Boston. The Bruins will wear white at home for that game.

So it looks like we get to see them twice, I'm going to be watching both that is for sure..

Howdy,

Yeah.  I kinda wonder if they'll look better in person / in motion, but the pictures I've seen have all been "Blech!" in terms of my reaction.

Its like someone washed them and the colors ran or something.

Mark

Stadium jerseys are hideous.  

But I am apparently the only person who likes the Jets thirds.  In fact, i am getting a t-shirt with the logo.  Simple design with a script to me is always classy.

2 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Stadium jerseys are hideous.  

But I am apparently the only person who likes the Jets thirds.  In fact, i am getting a t-shirt with the logo.  Simple design with a script to me is always classy.

Yes, you are. They look like cheap beer league jerseys.

Howdy,

I think the Lightning jersey looks cool.

In general, I think sublimated jerseys open up some neat options.  And I like the effect on the sleeves there.

Mark

Wow those lightning 3rds are bad. Looks like the arms were printed separately on a printer with the black ink cartridge running out 

30 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Wow those lightning 3rds are bad. Looks like the arms were printed separately on a printer with the black ink cartridge running out 

I knew it was a familiar look but couldn't quite put my finger on it. You nailed it. 

11 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I think the Lightning jersey looks cool.

In general, I think sublimated jerseys open up some neat options.  And I like the effect on the sleeves there.

Mark

I like the creative options sublimation opens up, but I don't think the Lightning Jerseys utilize the possibilities. I do like the spray paint sleeves look, but the body of the jersey is too simplistic and makes it look more like a practice jersey. Personally, I'd go all the way with the sublimation and have a full blown thunderstorm on the main body of the jersey with subtle colour gradients for the sky and clouds and lightning strikes throughout. With that said, my tastes lean more toward crazy concept sublimation jerseys than traditional simple NHL jerseys. 

• Like 1

The thing about lots of details and subtlty to designs is at th actual viewing distance all that is lost and it can look worse.  To me that is why plain patterns work best.  I don’t like the gradient, it can become dated too quickly.

I just saw a highlight pack and the numbers on those TB jerseys are way darker grey than they appear in that pic. Has to be awful for the broadcast guys up high. I remember when the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) had great letters on baby blue jerseys...or other way around, I can't remember. A bunch of the Leagues play by play guys complained and I'm pretty sure the league made them stop wearing them.