Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
UCMnumber8

7 Star Sports/Prostar Hockey Helmets

Doesn't look like a serious hockey helmet to me, looks like something you'd buy kids playing on the pond.

I don't know the level of testing HECC goes through. My understanding is it's pretty basic. It is required in any USA hockey sanctioned event up to age 21...or something like that.

Howdy,

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Which is crazy since they don’t even make them. They’re from a Chinese wholesale site.

Maybe the HECC/CSA stickers are too.

Wouldn't be the first time someone used counterfeit approval stickers.

Mark

• Like 1

I wonder if they’re tested before or after they’re purchased from the wholesaler? 

It would have to be after to have it registered in their name wouldn’t it?

I've worked with CSA in the past. Testing was not cheap. It was $10k back then for a single product.

Edited by stick9

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Don't know why this is hard to understand.  Sevenstar is the helmet manufacturer.  They got the helmet CSA/HECC certified, then they sell them, either blank or private label.

So do they just make them look like the ones from the wholesalers? Or are the wholesalers selling their product?