Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ParabolicActivity

Is a P19 a P92 clone?

Since it looks like CCM is bringing back the P19 curve, I am wondering if it is a P92 clone. I hated the P92 I had for a little bit. But I saw a P19 at the rink a while ago and thought it looked like a curve I could use. I am a P38, PM9 kind of player. The amount of hook on a P88 messes with my finish on hard passes and accuracy on shots. But then I am curious about P19s because the new Triggers will have them and people are saying they are a P92 clone. To me they looked like they had less hook especially near the toe. Has anyone here used both? Would the P30s suite my preferences better? I have avoided them because they will probably not he around long.

I'm a p92 guy, I have one p19 stick, and to my eyes they're one in the same. Either that, or the differences are so insignificant for me that it doesn't matter. I'm assuming p19 is for Sakic as in Sakic curve which is the p92. 

To my eyes, the p30 is essentially the p88 with the pocket moved towards the toe. It's a less open version of the p28. If your not a toe shooter, chances are you're probably not going to like the p30. Though, it does mean the flat part of the blade is larger than a p88, especiallly for the backhands. 

• Like 1

In my experience, they aren’t the same. The P19 isn’t as deep or as open as the P92. I also think the P19 is a true mid curve where the 92 is a mid/toe.

Maybe the P19 has changed or evolved since I last used it some 3-4 years ago and is now more P92 like. 

The P19 I used seemed more like the old Sakic & Drapers I used in the past.

Seems odd to me that CCM are bringing back the P-19. I own a P-19 and P-29, and while they are slightly different, they are awfully similar as well. Yet they kill off my beloved P-38.

Edited by BruinDust

3 hours ago, BruinDust said:

Seems odd to me that CCM are bringing back the P-19. I own a P-19 and P-29, and while they are slightly different, they are awfully similar as well. Yet they kill off my beloved P-38.

Any chance you could post pics of both the P29 and P19? The P19 I was checking out seemed like it had the same twist or openness of a P92 or 29 but the curve was more like a P45. Not very deep at all.

I love P38s. I hoarded them. Now I am down to my two Triggers. I feel like I may just keep one of them and not use it. 

Here are a couple of pics. 

Here's a top view. The one on the left is a CCM P19 Superfast. The one on the right is a Warrior QRL W03 which is the P92

DFFgJMu.jpg

Here's a bottom view. The one on the right is the P19 and the one on the left is the W03 = P92.

VGpOFQC.jpg

Edited by puckpilot

From my POV, the P-19 is a bit more shallow, while the P-29 is a bit deeper all around (depth, toe, ...). They have been available as the two main Rbk/CCM/Fischer curves in Europe for a while.

I'd say the P-29 is the P92 clone, the P-19 is the toned-down version. 

• Like 1

Not all of us forgot about the Sakic.  Reason why the P92 became so popular at the Pro level and killed the YP curves is that a lot of pros grew up using the Easton Sakic and continued to use it.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:28 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

It's kinda funny how Bauer cloned/modified Easton patterns yet seem to be the reference to patterns nowadays.  It's PM9, not Modano, and P92 made people forget about the Sakic.

I only use the Coffey curve. I hate change.

• Haha 1

So I bought a super super used RBZ with a P19 from PIAS. I showed them that the blade was so soft you could hear it crunch when you pressed on it and I got it for $5. Definitely not the curve for me. I put a wrap around on it and used it in the garage. It isn't a P92 but it's close. It is a good thing I have the EZ Goal with all of the extra stuff around it because my mechanics throw the puck around a bit. It kept tumbling end over end when I released from the toe. With my straighter blades I get a nice shot off. My wrist shots were entirely unpredictable. I was surprised how nice it sent saucer passes when I played some roller hockey with a wrap around on it. Overall, it is like mozt people say, a slightly less aggressive p92.