Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
chippa13

McQuaid to Rangers

This makes sense. That actually had eight legitimate defensemen on the roster, meaning two would have sit every game without this trade.

My guess is Grzelcyk will be the one sitting the most, unless they trade Krug for a decent winger.

My eyes flew right past that 4th round pick. It seems like a lot for the Rangers to give up for a number 5/6 guy.

They do have an interesting stable on the blueline as it stands so it wouldn't surprise me to see one of Krug or Grzelyk get moved. Obviously, Krug would bring the better return but looking at the guys they have it makes sense to move one of them. The pairings are a little muddled with McAvoy's great rookie campaign (I likened him to a young Drew Doughty early on) and the return of Carlo.

Chara-McAvoy

Carlo-Krug/Grzelyk

Moore-Miller

Zboril

It's interesting. I'll preface this with saying that I am a big fan of Krug.  He has his shortcomings. He does a lot of good out there too, and doesn't take shifts off.

However, I do see him as the odd D man out in a trade. He's a guy other teams would be interested in, and Grzelcyk is shaping up to essentially be a carbon copy of Krug. 

Wonder if they will try and package him and a guy like JFK or Bjork to get a wing to play with Krejci and DeBrusk.  That would be nice.  

22 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

Wonder if they will try and package him and a guy like JFK or Bjork to get a wing to play with Krejci and DeBrusk.  That would be nice.  

Why would they ever do this when their main concern right now is establishing a good up and coming young core. 

Don't over spend youth, the Bruins are in a pretty good place right now in terms of prospects. Not to mention Krug plus a late round (that rangers 4th) would bring back a more than capable mid 6 winger.