Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BenBreeg

Random Q About NHL Coaches' Equipment

So for you guys familiar with how NHL teams operate:  Who provides skates/gloves/sticks to the coaches?  Does the org have a contract and all coaches wear CCM or Bauer?  Would they make them custom skates or would they just get stock skates?  Same with staff.  Does being like an assistant equipment guy mean you get some perks like first dibs at lightly used equipment or anything like that?  Just a random question that popped into my head.

The team provides equipment to everyone in the organization.

There is a misconception that manufacturers give out free equipment to players/coaches.  Endorsement contracts are contracts between the player and the manufacturer that they will use their products.  The team still pays for it all.

With coaches, if they were players before, they usually will just carry on their existing spec over.  

EQMs don't have much time to skate during the season.  

• Like 1

Howdy,

Interesting!  So the pens pay ccm for the gear Crosby uses?

I never knew that.  Figured ccm provided it as a marketing expense.

Mark

On 9/17/2018 at 9:14 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

There is a misconception that manufacturers give out free equipment to players/coaches.  Endorsement contracts are contracts between the player and the manufacturer that they will use their products.  The team still pays for it all.

Didn't know that.  I assumed there were "levels" of endorsement like I have seen in other things I am involved in, like some guys get paid to use a brand and get free stuff, some just get like maybe a year's worth of free stuff, some get a discount, etc.  Cool insight.