Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
chippa13

2018-19 Supplemental Discipline

Stupid, gutless move by Domi. 

Ekblad didn't instigate the confrontation, obviously wanted nothing to do with it, and, even after getting punched in the face twice, was trying to disengage.  

Seems Les Canadiens traded Galchenyuk for a suspension.....

Suspended for the rest of the preseason. What a joke. Players don't get paid in the preseason, and plus, he probably wasn't even going to play all the preseason games anyway. 

And I love Domi's statement that he didn't mean to hurt Ekblad. That's another crock. You don't hit someone in the face without intending to hurt them. Did Ekblad have a piece of veggy on his lip and Domi was just trying to wipe it off?

• Like 2

I'm going to agree with Nick Kypreos on this one (can see on youtube).   Note to Ekblad: when a guy squares up with you after he's had enough of being slashed and hacked all night, be ready to defend yourself. This is hockey. 

13 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

I'm going to agree with Nick Kypreos on this one (can see on youtube).   Note to Ekblad: when a guy squares up with you after he's had enough of being slashed and hacked all night, be ready to defend yourself. This is hockey. 

No established player is going to fight in the preseason these days. Fighting is going the way of the dodo and a guy like Ekblad is just trying to get his game legs and not get hurt before the season starts. He isn't going to risk his hands or anything else in a meaningless preseason game. His demeanor was obvious and Domi decided to be a punk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Tom Wilson is at it again.

He's not even a hockey player at this point, he's a goon. NHL Rule 48, §6, ¶2: Tom Wilson is to do any and all deliberate idiotic actions to harm others and his own career.

He'll be lucky if he walks with around 5 games, probably close to 10 given how many times he's pulled this stunt before.

When you listen to the DOPS explanation it puts a whole new light on Wilson being a predator. One good thing, because they are season games it's going to hit him in the wallet.

I'm all for the Caps being unhappy with Marchand basically jumping Eller and wouldn't be surprised if Marchand's wallet gets a little lighter but comparing it to Wilson's latest indiscretion underscores the problems with teammates defending and/or rationalizing actions instead of condemning them. We will never remove head shots when teammates think like this.

Oshie compared Marchand's actions to those which landed his teammate

a 20-game suspension on Wednesday and said he trusts the league to "take care of business" with the Bruins forward.

"[The NHL] set the standards, they want to get the dirty stuff out of the game," Oshie explained. "Which I think at least Tom's play was on the ice and he was hitting the guy that had the puck milliseconds before. And then you see tonight the sucker punches that Lars took in. So they kind of set the standard.

I'm no Marchand fan, but what he did in this instance no way compares to what Wilson did.

Edit: Now that I see the entire clip, he did grab Eller and start punching before Eller was ready, but landed the bigger punches once Eller finally got his gloves off. That, plus the extra punch when Eller was already on his way down was unnecessary and is worth a fine or minor suspension.

With a player with no history, I'd say a fine or one game suspension would be appropriate. Since Marchand does have a history then maybe 2 or 3 games to send a message, but I don't think it will or should approach the 20 games Wilson received for his predatory hit.

Edited by althoma1

1 minute ago, althoma1 said:

It honestly doesn't even compare to what Domi did in the preseason as Eller had his gloves off and was squared up before Marchand starting punching.

Not sure what you were watching, but he actually still had his gloves on and was not even remotely squared up. 

It wasn't the best decision by Eller to celebrate a 7-0 goal; especially in front of the Bruins bench. I kind of understand why Marchand went after him, but he started swinging before Eller was ready to fight and the extra shot as Eller was going down was pretty cheap. 

Edited by althoma1

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not sure what you were watching, but he actually still had his gloves on and was not even remotely squared up. 

I didn't see it live. I only watched a couple clips and they didn't show it from the start. Now that I see it from the start, I do see Marchand grabbed Eller with his gloves on and did start punching before the gloves were off. He didn't really land big punches until the gloves were off though, but through an extra one as Eller was going down. It was definitely dirty, but not on the level of the Wilson hit or even what Marchand has done in the past. 

W1Klawm.gif 

Here's a GIF.

And I agree, it's tame by his standards. But that's not saying much. 

I'm not even going to compare it to what Wilson did - it's not even in the same realm. 

NmvtfHO.gif 

Boroweicki calls out Gallagher one day for dangerous hit then elbows a guy in the face in his next game. How much do glass houses sell for in Ottawa? He'll be talking to the discipline committee.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, chippa13 said:

Boroweicki calls out Gallagher one day for dangerous hit then elbows a guy in the face in his next game. How much do glass houses sell for in Ottawa? He'll be talking to the discipline committee.

Borowiecki 3 games for hit to head

I guess he didn't learn his lesson.