Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
chippa13

2018-19 Supplemental Discipline

Wilson suspension reduced to 14 games (16 games have already been served). Not a fan. 20 was well deserved. 

I'd like to see them toss a full season at him for the next one.

How many 10 minute misconducts for being an idiot does it take for somebody to get the hint? Diving can earn you supplemental discipline and so should misconducts for being an idiot.

With the liberties Faksa was taking with Bergeron and such, no surprise Marchand got a little excited. No mention of the super "don't you know who I am" slash by Spezza that led to Clifton taking him down though.

Howdy,

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Hopefully the league comes calling about Tom Wilson again

For what, the fight with Oleksiak?

Mark

I don't see anything suspendable there. Oleksiak had his gloves off before any punches were thrown. I think Wilson could have received an instigator penalty but other than that I think he is free and clear.

• Like 1

Howdy,

Yeah.  All the talking heads were wondering if Oleksiak would go after Wilson pregame for the hit on Aston-Reese last playoffs and even encouraging it.

An instigator penalty... Maybe.  But certainly nothing more than that.

Mark

On 12/20/2018 at 5:12 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Yeah.  All the talking heads were wondering if Oleksiak would go after Wilson pregame for the hit on Aston-Reese last playoffs and even encouraging it.

An instigator penalty... Maybe.  But certainly nothing more than that.

Mark

Oleksiak challeneged Wilson after the hit, Wilson wouldn't go. The Pens GM publicly called him a coward. This was the first time Wilson faced Pittsburgh since. That said, Oleksiak got what he asked for. 

The league has gonna bit overboard with the suspensions. You have guys being suspended for plays that we're minor penalties or not called at all. Hockey is a contact sport. Not every hit to the head is intentional or worthy of a suspension.

7 hours ago, stick9 said:

Oleksiak challeneged Wilson after the hit, Wilson wouldn't go. The Pens GM publicly called him a coward. This was the first time Wilson faced Pittsburgh since. That said, Oleksiak got what he asked for. 

The league has gonna bit overboard with the suspensions. You have guys being suspended for plays that we're minor penalties or not called at all. Hockey is a contact sport. Not every hit to the head is intentional or worthy of a suspension.

But if you want to reduce or get rid of them, given that you won’t get it perfect, erring on the side of caution is fine with me.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, BenBreeg said:

But if you want to reduce or get rid of them, given that you won’t get it perfect, erring on the side of caution is fine with me.

I don't think you can completely eliminate hits to the head. Even on a clean hit there is a chance to make contact with the head. Part of the problem is players don't really know what's leagal or not and you hear them say as much.

On another note, how can you be serious about reducing hits to the head and still allow fighting? The principle point of contact is the head... 

11 hours ago, stick9 said:

I don't think you can completely eliminate hits to the head. Even on a clean hit there is a chance to make contact with the head. Part of the problem is players don't really know what's leagal or not and you hear them say as much.

On another note, how can you be serious about reducing hits to the head and still allow fighting? The principle point of contact is the head... 

I agree on the fighting part.  I don’t think it is that confusing as far as head hits though, despite what some players say..  some of the arguments i hear defending questionable hits are pretty farfetched.  But this is probably straying from the main topic of this thread...

11 hours ago, chippa13 said:

On the stick so I'm guessing the league doesn't even take a look.

The way his glove comes off makes it seem like he gets more than just the stick. Potentially very dangerous, probably worth a fine, but I don’t think they’ll do anything