Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
xstartxtodayx

Warmup Pants for coaching that aren't huge?

A bit of an odd question but does anyone have any suggestions for a pair of warmup pants for coaching and/or just playing around with the kids?  I just started coaching some beginners roller hockey and I'd like something other than jeans to wear while I'm out there.  I bought a pair of clearance Warrior pants from HM and the waist fits well but the legs are HUGE!  I feel like I'm wearing Caffeine pants or jnco's (age check there), I can't even walk without them going under my shoes and almost covering my entire foot (can't imagine trying to skate in them), it is absurd haha.  So does anyone know of something a lot less baggy?  Thanks in advance!

Get some Bauer roller pants like the XR600, a basic black pant at a reasonable price. I use various pairs to coach ice and inline and they work well with or without pads / girdle underneath.

• Like 1

I wound up buying a pair of referee pants to wear when I coach, they're big enough to fit my shin pads under (I don't trust those kids ability to not hit me) and yet they're still comfortable and not huge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chikinpotpie said:

Old navy or target they both have fairly good warm up pants. 

20 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yea it's really weird how massive the legs are on skate pants. Maybe just a pair of sweats would be a better option? 

Thanks guys, I guess I should've mentioned I wanted a hockey branded pant, yea I'm shallow like that haha

17 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Get some Bauer roller pants like the XR600, a basic black pant at a reasonable price. I use various pairs to coach ice and inline and they work well with or without pads / girdle underneath.

Thank you, these look like they'll work great and the price is right too!

2 hours ago, CRupp13 said:

I wound up buying a pair of referee pants to wear when I coach, they're big enough to fit my shin pads under (I don't trust those kids ability to not hit me) and yet they're still comfortable and not huge.

Thanks... I'm always wary of the kids as well, I'm working with 4 - 9 yr olds mainly so nobody has control of their sticks or even themselves yet haha.  Oh and nice profile pic... I know the photographer, he's a pretty awesome guy 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Thanks... I'm always wary of the kids as well, I'm working with 4 - 9 yr olds mainly so nobody has control of their sticks or even themselves yet haha.  Oh and nice profile pic... I know the photographer, he's a pretty awesome guy 😉

I was coaching MS and JV and half the time they don't know how to control themselves either!

I have a pair of Easton warm-up pants that fit quite nicely - snug in the waist (like lacrosse shorts) but not too baggy through the legs. (I could fit shin guards under them, but they're not crazy blousing or anything).  Unfortunately, they stopped making that particular model.  (which is always how it goes)  However, assuming that Easton's sizing tends to run similarly, I'd recommend trying something of theirs. 

The warm up pants for hockey are meant to be extremely loose on the legs so that you can fit shin guards underneath. I have super thick shins though so I still can't wear shin guards and pants together. I wish I could so I can do it for pond hockey in the winter.

CCM PN5589 are quite tight on me - I wear a large in those and they are TIGHT with shin guards. My Bauer Flex or Bauer Lightweight warmup pants were not as tight as those are. I have the Warrior ones from 2016? and those were by far the loosest in the legs.