Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jordon777

First Time Girdle User?

Hey guys!

I'm making the switch over to a girdle. I had my eyes on the Super Tacks. After reading this board's reviews, I was just about to pull the trigger. I wanted to see if after being out a few months, if anyone preferred the new Warrior or Tackla?

I'm really interested in the adjustability, which swayed me to CCM.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jordon777 said:

Hey guys!

I'm making the switch over to a girdle. I had my eyes on the Super Tacks. After reading this board's reviews, I was just about to pull the trigger. I wanted to see if after being out a few months, if anyone preferred the new Warrior or Tackla?

Thanks!

I started wearing the MX3 in March and I can't believe I didn't do it years ago. Maybe it was the idea it wasn't comfortable.

20 hours ago, Jordon777 said:

Hey guys!

Thanks!

The Warrior QRE girdle is the best I have ever used. I have been VERY impressed with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

The Warrior QRE girdle is the best I have ever used. I have been VERY impressed with it. 

Did you try on the CCM? I want to make sure their is enough adjustability. 

I live in the middle of nowhere, so my LHS has nothing. I was at the closest big LHS this weekend and they didn't have the CCM. The warrior felt comfortable and light.

28 minutes ago, Jordon777 said:

Did you try on the CCM? I want to make sure their is enough adjustability. 

I live in the middle of nowhere, so my LHS has nothing. I was at the closest big LHS this weekend and they didn't have the CCM. The warrior felt comfortable and light.

The CCM one is also excellent. Tons of adjustment! 

20 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

The CCM one is also excellent. Tons of adjustment! 

Now I'm back to square one! Haha.

I'm a huge Warrior guy, but some of the reviews had people not liking the adjustment options.

You are really satisfied with the comfort and mobility levels?

I've used girdles since the late 90's and currently have the Tacks girdle.  I've seen how much they've changed over the years, some for the good and some things I'm not a big fan of (I'm looking at you full wrap girdles).  The Tacks girdle is awesome, it offers loads of protection and adjustability and once it's on it feels really light.  I love the length adjustments for the legs and spine protector and how you can really get everything in the right place (the length adjustment range is impressive, you can really change that a lot).  My biggest gripes with the Tacks girdle is I wish it were more of a step in like the 9K, still had velcro for the socks, and had just a little bit of a wider thigh pad or more strap (I have pretty skinny legs and the strap just makes it on to the velcro, if anyone has larger thighs they'll have to stretch that elastic quite a bit).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jordon777 said:

Now I'm back to square one! Haha.

I'm a huge Warrior guy, but some of the reviews had people not liking the adjustment options.

You are really satisfied with the comfort and mobility levels?

Tacks is more adjustable and more protective. Warrior is lighter and maybe a tad more comfort.

The Tacks sizing runs on the small side, if you fit a Mens Medium in a pant like the Nexus, you likely want a Large in the Tacks girdle.

Not mentioned in the thread, but the best option in my own opinion is the Tacks 7092 Girdle or the Purehockey Tacks SMU Girdle which is basically the 7092 without the CCM shell included.

Opinion is based on owning/using all 3 of the above mentioned girdles.

colins

• Thanks 1

The 7092 is the best bang for the buck.

The Warrior lacks adjustment but has great flexibility and protection. I also like the shell design that Warrior uses. 

I see more of the older crowd using the Super Tacks and a lot of the younger players using the Warrior girdle. 

I moved to a Tacks girdle for this beer-league season after almost a decade in One80 pants. I also looked at the Warrior but as much as I loved the mobility, I was looking for extra protection (plastics and the works) since my One80s weren't good enough for my liking. 

As its my first girdle, it took me a while to figure out how to put on gear again (I usually lace skates before putting on pants because my gut gets in the way). Once I figured it out, I loved the feeling and protection compared to my outgoing pant. I can't see myself getting away from a girdle going forward. 

That said, I do have a few complaints:

1. No where to attach socks. I've had to buy a garter
  2. It does fit small. I'm in a M Tacks coming from a S One80, and I'm almost at a L Tacks waist-wise (I'm a stocky-ish 5'6 185). The L length is what kept me in a M. 
  3. What's the point of the step in portion? I haven't cut it out yet, but I might soon enough.
  4. As I need to take the girdle apart every single time, I'm not sure how long the velcro will last

Thinking back, I wouldn't pay full price for a Tacks girdle, and even a modest discount (<20%) would still sway me away towards the 7092. At the time I bought, the Tacks was close enough to the 7092 price that I chose to go with the extra protection/adjustability. 

Edited by m3thods
garter is not a girdle

Any insight into how these girdles fit around the waist? I switched from a small Warrior Covert QRL pants because the pants were sliding down and I don't like the suspenders. They're also baggy in the legs.  I'm now in the Bauer TotalOne HP girdle. I like the fit but it's it's tight around the waist when I'm sitting on the bench. I can barely breathe!

Any other girdles that may have a better fit around the waist for a guy with no hips?

16 minutes ago, Eagles said:

Any insight into how these girdles fit around the waist? I switched from a small Warrior Covert QRL pants because the pants were sliding down and I don't like the suspenders. They're also baggy in the legs.  I'm now in the Bauer TotalOne HP girdle. I like the fit but it's it's tight around the waist when I'm sitting on the bench. I can barely breathe!

Any other girdles that may have a better fit around the waist for a guy with no hips?

Girdles are super snug and will not slide at all. They leave enough room for you to move comfortably too. 

Edited by Nicholas G

7 hours ago, Eagles said:

Speaking from experience using the Super Tacks girdle, your 2 problems (waist and leg length/opening sizing) are potentially solved with the Tacks girdle's ability to adjust both. 

That said, as I mentioned above I'm currently in a M girdle (from a S Bauer pant) and I'm maxing out the leg opening adjustment (as in, I can't make them looser). The waist is fine, and I could go looser (I'm usually a 32/33in in Levis if that helps) but I didn't want to expose the "scratchy" side of the velcro near my stomach and rip up my undergarments. I have somewhat big legs (5'6 185lb) so that might not help, If I had skinnier thighs, I'd be able to make use of the leg opening adjustment more. In case you're wondering, I couldn't move to a L girdle because I'm also maxing out the leg length adjustment (as in, it's at its shortest).