Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

prosharpblue.png.d2f3bde192bf21bcbe513b46cf8755b8.png

If you have any questions regarding the program, ask it in here.

We are currently waiting for the other profile templates to be delivered to us, so please be patient.

Also, we foresee a ton of interest in the program.  We won't be accepting everyone at once; it will most likely be in waves.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 8:28 PM, qmechanic said:

I have really small skates, size 2.5. Is it possible to do a Prosharp profile on these?

With skates of that size, I would recommend single radius profiles. Personally, I like starting them at a 15ft profile at that size. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:46 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Singles and doubles wouldn't be a problem.  

I can ask about triples or quads, but typically the recommended steel size starts at 246mm.

Hi JR, were you able to confirm that triples and quads need at least 246mm steel? I've got 220mm. I looked through ProSharp's pamphlet and I think 220mm would only be able to do singles and doubles.

Edited by Torikkun
A word

On 11/11/2018 at 1:20 PM, Wolfpack_1986 said:

15 foot radius is going to be like driving a 73 Cadillac without power steering

Not really. You have to remember that you are only profiling a section of the steel. If the steel is shorter the section you are profiling is a shorter as well. 

Prosharp likes to start beginners out on long radius for stability purposes - definitely an Euro thing.  And your typical beginners will have skates that are small.   

9 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Not really. You have to remember that you are only profiling a section of the steel. If the steel is shorter the section you are profiling is a shorter as well. 

We're profiling 2/3 of the steel. On a shorter steel, even though the profiling zone is shorter, more of the apex of the radius will be in it than a longer blade.  That's why the feel is different between sizes - as the steel gets bigger, the gradual transition from the apex is larger.

On 11/20/2018 at 1:33 AM, Nicholas G said:

I have 238 size steel, and the transition from 9' to 10' was a massive change in turning feel. Going from 9' to 15' is way too aggressive.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:29 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Prosharp likes to start beginners out on long radius for stability purposes - definitely an Euro thing.  And your typical beginners will have skates that are small.   

We're profiling 2/3 of the steel. On a shorter steel, even though the profiling zone is shorter, more of the apex of the radius will be in it than a longer blade.  That's why the feel is different between sizes - as the steel gets bigger, the gradual transition from the apex is larger.

Makes great sense for a beginner, I'll agree with that. Maybe not the best strategy for experienced skaters for the reasons you mentioned, plus personal experience.

Hey there, looking into having a quad profile done. The only thing holding me back is that I read that the Vapor line of skates doesn't feel very good with the quads because of the forward tilt of the boot. Is this an actual thing; that it is not recommended to have a quad done to a vapor or do people get them done all the time on the vapor skates and this was just the personal experience of the author?

Here is a link to the review

Thanks in advance!