Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JONES199

LS4 blades keep breaking ... best alternative?

5 hours ago, JONES199 said:

Update .... replaced the holders - even though they tested out fine ... replaced the steel with Tydan ... just broke another one.  That's 6 on the season.

At this point, I think perhaps your son is just a total beast of a skater and no steel is fit for his aggressive skating. I'm impressed - that was under 3 months for the Tydan.

Jokes aside, maybe you should consider just shipping the skates to JR and have him review it. Not saying your local pro shop isn't capable, but having another eye to closely inspect might be helpful.

Edited by BlueNux

Ever considered putting him on Flare or RamonEdge? Both are very popular in the WHL and we sell a lot to high level 14U+ AAA teams in the US and Canda. A lot of the kids at various prep schools we sell equipment to are also using these steels. 

15 hours ago, BlueNux said:

At this point, I think perhaps your son is just a total beast of a skater and no steel is fit for his aggressive skating. I'm impressed - that was under 3 months for the Tydan.

Jokes aside, maybe you should consider just shipping the skates to JR and have him review it. Not saying your local pro shop isn't capable, but having another eye to closely inspect might be helpful.

He's transitioning to new skates right now so hopefully, the new skates (2S pro) will be easier on the blades.  Over the 3 months, he was rotating two different sets of Tydans.

14 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Ever considered putting him on Flare or RamonEdge? Both are very popular in the WHL and we sell a lot to high level 14U+ AAA teams in the US and Canda. A lot of the kids at various prep schools we sell equipment to are also using these steels. 

We went with the Tydans based on recommendations from this site and the fact that they seemed taller than the alternatives.  He has problems booting out with the shorter steel.

24 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

From the toe?

Can you take a picture of the entire skate?  

I will try to get pictures of the skates tonight, it is both skates as the breaks have happened in both.  I have a picture of the broken Tydans but can't figure out how to post.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, JONES199 said:

I will try to get pictures of the skates tonight, it is both skates as the breaks have happened in both.  I have a picture of the broken Tydans but can't figure out how to post.

There is no way those holders Re aligned properly. I have never had that issue in 30 years of any holder. Its 100%  an alignment issue. When your done with the skates I will pay for then to be shipped so I can inspect them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

There is no way those holders Re aligned properly. I have never had that issue in 30 years of any holder. Its 100%  an alignment issue. When your done with the skates I will pay for then to be shipped so I can inspect them. 

Or the skates are too big.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

If you have a shop in Toronto maybe I can swing them by at the end of May, the boy is in town for a camp.

Just now, JONES199 said:

If you have a shop in Toronto maybe I can swing them by at the end of May, the boy is in town for a camp.

I am. And depending on where the camp is we can take some pics and sort his all out for everyone.  I'm beside Chesswood arena near the Scotiabank Arena at Downsview 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Or the skates are too big.

We've had the scans done at the Bauer store and they have them as a little too small.  They are 6D and the scan recommends 6.5E so that's what the new ones are.

• Like 1