Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MSH Pro Shop closing from 8/26 til first week of September Read more... ×
lizzy

New Hockey Comedy Film - Army & Coop

Hello Squaders,

I recently completed my first feature film called, Army & Coop.  It's about an NHL enforcer who gets suspended from the league for kicking the crap out of his coach on the bench on national TV.  It's a raunchy comedy along the lines of Clerks (1994).

Logline:  When Mike "Army" Armstrong, a down-and-out NHL tough guy, is suspended from the league, he uses his time off to embark on a testosterone-fueled, skirt-chasing struggle against old foes to win back his ex-girlfriend. Ultimately, however, he must overcome his greatest adversary - himself.

Army & Coop is a micro-budget film.  It was shot in Boulder, Colorado by an all-Colorado cast and crew.

Army & Coop is available on iTunes and Amazon Video at www.armyandcoop.com.

As hockey players and fans, I thought you guys might be interested in a new film made by a hockey player and fan. 

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to watch.

Sincerely,

Dennis Hefter  

• Like 1

Wow. You guys are tough!  Never had this kind of feedback.  In fact, the film has been well-received and won a few awards at a number of festivals.  Hum.

• Haha 1

Howdy,

Hockey players chirping?  Why, I never...

🙂

I watched the trailer.  Its a little over the top for me in terms of the crass in your face humor, but good on you for getting it done on a super tight budget and following your dreams, etc. etc.

Mark

On 11/6/2018 at 10:24 AM, lizzy said:

Hello Squaders,

I recently completed my first feature film called, Army & Coop.  It's about an NHL enforcer who gets suspended from the league for kicking the crap out of his coach on the bench on national TV.  It's a raunchy comedy along the lines of Clerks (1994).

Logline:  When Mike "Army" Armstrong, a down-and-out NHL tough guy, is suspended from the league, he uses his time off to embark on a testosterone-fueled, skirt-chasing struggle against old foes to win back his ex-girlfriend. Ultimately, however, he must overcome his greatest adversary - himself.

Army & Coop is a micro-budget film.  It was shot in Boulder, Colorado by an all-Colorado cast and crew.

Army & Coop is available on iTunes and Amazon Video at www.armyandcoop.com.

As hockey players and fans, I thought you guys might be interested in a new film made by a hockey player and fan. 

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to watch.

Sincerely,

Dennis Hefter  

Typical Prime restrictions. Unless you live in the US AND have a US bank issued credit card, you can't watch it. Wow, that only takes out 99% of the rest of the world, good way to get your film out there......

@lizzy I think I feel the same as @marka.

I think you will find your audience. Heck- if DVD’s come out around Christmas time, I’ll give it a butchers. I have another surgery coming up, so I need a break from Daytime TV!

From the trailer, it does look a bit over the top for me, but as an independent artist myself (music), I want you to find your audience and have enough success to produce more.  

My friends were oddly enough not terribly supportive of my first (and only) single, but I actually made a tiny bit of money; mind not enough to quit my day job, but made an actual profit (even if it was 4 digit dollars!). The internet made it possible, and I hope this is the first of many films you make as I want more choices than comic book characters!

Let us know when DVD’s come out, please!

• Like 1