Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mdhillon73

PM9 curve with toe kink - lie6

Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows a manufacturer that makes a PM9 type curve with a toe kink in lie 6? I've gone through a million sticks it feels like but I can't get the the balance I'm looking for. The typical PM9 is awesome for receiving, dishing, control but it's missing toe control for pulling puck back into you for control like a P28 or P92. I've tried both the P28 and P92 but I can't do anything off the backhand. Thanks.

4 hours ago, mdhillon73 said:

Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows a manufacturer that makes a PM9 type curve with a toe kink in lie 6? I've gone through a million sticks it feels like but I can't get the the balance I'm looking for. The typical PM9 is awesome for receiving, dishing, control but it's missing toe control for pulling puck back into you for control like a P28 or P92. I've tried both the P28 and P92 but I can't do anything off the backhand. Thanks.

Closest is BASE’s Malkin Pro. It’s a little higher than the usual PM9 but closer to the PM9’s 5 lie than it is to a 6.

Have you tried the W71? That’s a high lie with a mid-toe curve. It sounds like it’s deeper than you might be looking for.

The Krepsy PM9 is the CCM P46, but its toe curve component isn’t very pronounced. The lie is also low again.

Edited by flip12

On 11/7/2018 at 1:59 AM, flip12 said:

Closest is BASE’s Malkin Pro. It’s a little higher than the usual PM9 but closer to the PM9’s 5 lie than it is to a 6.

Have you tried the W71? That’s a high lie with a mid-toe curve. It sounds like it’s deeper than you might be looking for.

The Krepsy PM9 is the CCM P46, but its toe curve component isn’t very pronounced. The lie is also low again.

W71 is not what he'd be looking for. That curve is a banana that's pretty much closed. The True MC2 is similar to a PM9, you could check that out.

It's a big jump and would probably mess with the backhand like the P28 and P92, but the W71 does hit some of the other marks: high lie and curve on the toe for control.

TC2's a clone of the PM9 so the good and bad will be the same as the OP's had up to this point.

If you can find them, I think a Spooner pro curve is what you're looking for: http://www.dkhockey.com/bauer-supreme-1s-lh-pro-stock-hockey-stick-grip-87-flex-spooner-bruins-supreme-mx3-graphics-nhl/.  Pm 9 with a toe kink, but I think retail lie.

Edited by Karly14

21 hours ago, flip12 said:

It's a big jump and would probably mess with the backhand like the P28 and P92, but the W71 does hit some of the other marks: high lie and curve on the toe for control.

TC2's a clone of the PM9 so the good and bad will be the same as the OP's had up to this point.

The TC2 is a P92 clone. The MC2 is a PM9 clone with a little more toe than the Bauer PM9.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkhors said:

The TC2 is a P92 clone. The MC2 is a PM9 clone with a little more toe than the Bauer PM9.

Good catch. I should have hit the quote button. I was going for the same name you mentioned, intending to type MC2.

If you vouch for the MC2 being that distinct from the PM9 at the toe, then you could be right that it'd be worth checking out. I can't remember the last time I saw the MC2 in person. From the only pictures I could find of it just now, see below, it does look like it is maybe more open than the PM9 at the toe, but it doesn't look like it's more curved there. There's no apparent change in the slope of the curve moving from the middle of the blade to the toe from that perspective. If you can provide a better look at how it's different from a normal PM9, that would be really cool and interesting. It's not a curve everyone has access to at their local shop, but it is relatively easy to order.

Links with MC2 pictures: 

Edited by flip12
Typed TC2 instead of MC2 again!