Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Shenanigans

Questions about pants/ Feedback

New to the site. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but Hello! Getting back into hockey after 15years. I have most of my gear figured out, minus pants. Im 5'6, 155, and a 30/31 waist. All the charts I've looked indicate I'm a Small. HM is running 30% off Clearance gear and I've found a couple pairs of pants that caught my eye. So if you have any information about the following pants, Feedback would be very much appreciated. 

Warrior Covert QRL or QRL3

Easton Synergy 650 or Easton Stealth C9.0

Welcome to the site. I’m 5’7” 160 lbs and have worn Bauer & CCM size small pants, so you seem right on the sizing. I haven’t used Warrior pants though.

• Like 1

Not sure if you're a girdle guy, but if you're, I can tell you that you will not fit into a Sr Small CCM Super Tacks Girdle... You'd be a Sr Medium, but the beauty of the Super Tacks Girdles is that you can seriously adjust the crap out of the length.

I have Covert DT2 pants, predecessors to the QRL line. My previous pair of pants were an older Easton top tier model. 

Compared to the Eastons I had, DT2s are mobile and lighter. I’ve taken a few pucks in the mid thigh, and was a little surprised I felt it. I think it just found a spot between two pads, but not enough I felt unsafe or had a bruise. I’ve taken a few spills and been fine and didn’t notice anything.

Pants aren’t a very sexy piece of equipment to me. I feel like these do their job and don’t get in the way. I put of my pants after my skates with no problem, even though the coverts are billed as being “tapered” and more close fitting than “traditional” cut pants. 

Im 6’2”, 180-185, and wear larges. I probably need a M+1or2, but these are fine with the belt pulled tight.

• Like 1

I'm 5'10 165 lbs 32 " waist.

I got the warrior qredge pants in medium but I think I could have fit the small, as the medium I have it cinched pretty much all the way. It fits but if I lose any more weight it'll be interesting lol. 

Length is fine though but mine are adjustable in length. I had a small in the old Bauer one95 prior but wasn't sure how the warriors fit.  I ordered mine online and used the warrior size chart as I couldn't try it on. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I got the warrior qredge pants in medium but I think I could have fit the small, as the medium I have it cinched pretty much all the way. It fits but if I lose any more weight it'll be interesting lol. 

Length is fine though but mine are adjustable in length. I had a small in the old Bauer one95 prior but wasn't sure how the warriors fit.  I ordered mine online and used the warrior size chart as I couldn't try it on. 

Hey thanks for your input. From what i can tell the length adjustment is the only thing they've changed from the QRL. Do you find them to be bulky or heavy? And how do you like the internal belt?

35 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I am about the same, 5'10" and 185 with a 32" waist and the QRE pants in a medium fit well length wise but were too loose in the waist so I went with a small which fits much better. In the QRE girdle, I wear a medium which I think is interesting since they are of similar design. In most other brands, such as Eastin, I am a medium. 

Edited by Nicholas G
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

I am about the same, 5'10" and 185 with a 32" waist and the QRE pants in a medium fit well length wise but were too loose in the waist so I went with a small which fits much better. In the QRE girdle, I wear a medium which I think is interesting since they are of similar design. In most other brands, such as Eastin, I am a medium. 

Hey thanks I appreciate it. Do you find them to be bulky or heavy?

3 minutes ago, Shenanigans said:

They aren't the slimmest or most tapered pants on the market but they do fit nicely. As for weight, they are about average. Have you looked at STX? They started to sell direct to consumers and their RX pants are extremely nice. 

https://www.stx.com/hockey/gear/surgeon

Edited by Nicholas G
added link to stx

4 minutes ago, Shenanigans said:

I also have the QR Edge pants in a Med (5'9" 163 with a 32in waist). I don't find them too bulky or heavy. The spine pad is an interesting fit. 

I really liked the Tacks 7092 pants. They were just a tad short even when they're extended.

6 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

They aren't the slimmest or most tapered pants on the market but they do fit nicely. As for weight, they are about average. Have you looked at STX? They started to sell direct to consumers and their RX pants are extremely nice. 

https://www.stx.com/hockey/gear/surgeon

I haven't looked into STX, only because I can get the QRL or QRL3 for 50% off. Im playing beer league, so I'm wondering if i could get anyway with the qrl3 and save some weight..

5 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I also have the QR Edge pants in a Med (5'9" 163 with a 32in waist). I don't find them too bulky or heavy. The spine pad is an interesting fit. 

I really liked the Tacks 7092 pants. They were just a tad short even when they're extended.

When you say the spine pad is an interesting fit, is that a positive or a negative? 

I didn't even notice the internal belt lol. They are def more bulky than my one95. But mind you my one95 pants are about 8 years old... And one size smaller. 

Although I do notice the size diff and firmness of the pads, I've never thought about them during game play. If I were you though I'd get a small... Esp being shorter than I am and a slightly smaller waist.

Edited by Sniper9

49 minutes ago, Shenanigans said:

When you say the spine pad is an interesting fit, is that a positive or a negative? 

Neither. The spine pad is much thicker than other pants I've worn, so much so that it sits snug against my back. Which is good because it stays with me as I move. Just not what I am used to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I didn't even notice the internal belt lol. They are def more bulky than my one95. But mind you my one95 pants are about 8 years old... And one size smaller. 

Although I do notice the size diff and firmness of the pads, I've never thought about them during game play. If I were you though I'd get a small... Esp being shorter than I am and a slightly smaller waist.

Im definitely going to go with smalls, mediums would be far to big in the waist. Do you think i should go with the normal qrl or go with the qrl3? I dont know if i need the extra weight and extra protection that the pro level pants provide. although i do like the look of the fabric on the qrl over the qrl3 and they're only $20 more... hmmm... Decisions...decisions...

17 minutes ago, Shenanigans said:

Im definitely going to go with smalls, mediums would be far to big in the waist. Do you think i should go with the normal qrl or go with the qrl3? I dont know if i need the extra weight and extra protection that the pro level pants provide. although i do like the look of the fabric on the qrl over the qrl3 and they're only $20 more... hmmm... Decisions...decisions...

For $20 I would go with the higher spec pant. Besides the protection and such they will last you MUCH longer. 

1 minute ago, Nicholas G said:

For $20 I would go with the higher spec pant. Besides the protection and such they will last you MUCH longer. 

Yea I totally agree, and i also haven't played in 15years, so getting my bearings back, I'm bound to take some spills. Really appreciate everyones input, thank you!

Should be noted. I found the QR Pro to be heavier and a bit more bulky. The QR Edge version was more to my liking, even with the added cost.

12 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Should be noted. I found the QR Pro to be heavier and a bit more bulky. The QR Edge version was more to my liking, even with the added cost.

Thanks for the additional information. Im going with the predecessor (QRL) to the QR Edge, to save money, can't beat 50% off! Thanks again to everyone to helped me out.  

On 11/22/2018 at 6:36 PM, Nicholas G said:

Been looking at the QRE pants... I currently have CCM 7092 in Medium, but I've lost a little weight and now I almost have to cinch the waist too much.    Unfortunately I've not been able to find any locally to try on, so my main concern about the QREs is that they'll be too short in a Small for me.  I'm 5'10" 155lbs with a 30" waist.

Sounds like no issues with protection/coverage with a Small?

I run the QRL pants and can attest to how good they are. I've previously used Nexus N9000 and also run a pair of Vapor X100s from a few generations ago. QRLs are my favorite in both comfort and protection. I highly recommend them.

Im going to toss this in here and hope it gets answered. I want to get a CCM shell, and was wondering how the Tacks shell would fit over my Nexus 800 pants. 

18 hours ago, Cove said:

Im going to toss this in here and hope it gets answered. I want to get a CCM shell, and was wondering how the Tacks shell would fit over my Nexus 800 pants. 

Will probably be fine, but maybe a bit snug. Typically you don't want to use girdle shells over regular pants, but I've done it before and it works.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:02 AM, Cove said:

I've done it before, ventilation sucks. Both times I ended up taking the shell off mid skate.