Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
215BroadStBullies610

Lumbr Hockey Sticks

at first I thought they were basically just buying closeouts from companies like harrow and winwell etc, but it appears I was a bit off. I can buy the Lazer 8 there, but where can I get the Lazer 1-7. 

I wish there was an individual thread for “is this garbgage fly by night stick company that no one has ever heard of any good,” rather than making a new thread every 6 months. 

No, they aren’t. There are a litany of better choices available at the same price or a few dollars more. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

And of course a YouTube video about Lumbr from Hockey Tutorial shows up in my feed... He must have got a free one.

It’ll have cost him far more than the sticks are worth to have created the video. Sometimes he is paid by the maker to do the review, he claims it covers the production costs, but obviously that raises questions. To be fair on him, this seems to be a common practice. I suspect coach Jeremy does the same. 

It seemed like a good review to me, the lad who tested them will be a decent player, his views sounded honest, a mix of plus and minus points. Personally I prefer to buy a last season stick at half price. 

• Like 3

I'm a sucker for below-market offerings from non-major players in the stick market. Sadly, though, they're usually a disappointment. I haven't tried Lumbr, but at a price point of ~$100, they're not a major savings from pro stock or marked-down big brand sticks from earlier product years, so I'm not planning to buy one.

As an aside: I generally appreciate YouTube reviews and folks who take the time to share their thoughts, but complaints about specific blade patterns aren't terribly helpful - I don't like straightish blades either, but that would be true on a top-of-the-line OPS or on a $20 wood stick.

• Like 1

My buddy is the one who started it and I can tell you these are not cheap, fly-by-night sticks. These are high end sticks from companies that simply can’t afford a huge marketing push against the giants like Bauer. These are single owner brands from middle Ontario, Buffalo-region and they make as good a stick as anyone. The sticks are manufactured by small companies who invest a lot of time and energy into making quality products. They attach their names to their products and many have been around for years. Slap some black tape over a Bauer and a Futur and you would never tell the difference! 

20 minutes ago, Nirano said:

My buddy is the one who started it and I can tell you these are not cheap, fly-by-night sticks. These are high end sticks from companies that simply can’t afford a huge marketing push against the giants like Bauer. These are single owner brands from middle Ontario, Buffalo-region and they make as good a stick as anyone. The sticks are manufactured by small companies who invest a lot of time and energy into making quality products. They attach their names to their products and many have been around for years. Slap some black tape over a Bauer and a Futur and you would never tell the difference! 

That’s what they all say. 

• Haha 1

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

That’s what they all say. 

Look, the review in Hockey Tutorial is honest; if you want to find out, grab a stick for yourself and tell us what you think from your firsthand experience. Our only interest is in making it easier to find great sticks without breaking the bank and the leaders in this industry try their absolute hardest to prevent people from finding companies like LUMBR.

25 minutes ago, Nirano said:

Look, the review in Hockey Tutorial is honest; if you want to find out, grab a stick for yourself and tell us what you think from your firsthand experience. Our only interest is in making it easier to find great sticks without breaking the bank and the leaders in this industry try their absolute hardest to prevent people from finding companies like LUMBR.

Out of curiosity,  what is your affiliation with Lumbr?

5 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

Out of curiosity,  what is your affiliation with Lumbr?

The founder is my friend and I am somewhat connected to the company through the holding company, which I work for. I don’t do any work on Lumbr however. 

1 hour ago, Nirano said:

Okay. Why doesn’t he send a couple sticks to senior members of this forum for them to try out? I’m sure they’d give their honest reviews. 

Otherwise the only assumption we can make is that they’re the same junk no-name sticks we’ve seen pop up a dozen times already. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Okay. Why doesn’t he send a couple sticks to senior members of this forum for them to try out? I’m sure they’d give their honest reviews. 

Otherwise the only assumption we can make is that they’re the same junk no-name sticks we’ve seen pop up a dozen times already. 

LUMBR is new so it's not easy for us to send free sticks to people at this time.

I did speak with the founder (Jesse) and he said that he'll guarantee a full refund to senior members who post a review and don't like the stick(s) for any reason. We want to hear your honest comments and we're confident you'll want to keep the stick. 

Any senior, trusted members of this community that want to do this, please include your display name in your purchase so we can track this properly. 

Happy Holidays! 

1 minute ago, Stewie said:

I’d believe the shining knight story more if the Futur sticks weren’t graphically ripping off well known high end sticks. 

That’s something Tron was doing early in their time as well. Glad they stopped that crap. It made them look like Chinese knockoffs. 

Here's the issue the sub $100 hockey stick is not exclusive to Lumbr. Every major brand offers something at that price point. Most of which offer something fairly decent in the $150 range. So why am I buying a Bison (who I have never heard of until about 3 minutes ago) when I can get a CCM, True, Bauer or Warrior for the same price?

Honestly, if I only had $99 bucks to spend on a stick. I would care more about durability than I would performance. A popular brand with a reputation would probably be the safer play, and one I could go to my LHS and pick up whenever needed.

Edited by stick9

Howdy,

If one of these had a P30 curve and was on the order of 425 grams or less, I'd probably give it a go just to try it.

But like others have mentioned, when I can get last year's mid priced sticks on clearance for that same $100 or less... Kinda hard to justify looking at no-name stuff.

Mark

5 hours ago, Nirano said:

LUMBR is new so it's not easy for us to send free sticks to people at this time.

I did speak with the founder (Jesse) and he said that he'll guarantee a full refund to senior members who post a review and don't like the stick(s) for any reason. We want to hear your honest comments and we're confident you'll want to keep the stick. 

Any senior, trusted members of this community that want to do this, please include your display name in your purchase so we can track this properly. 

Happy Holidays! 

I own MSH. 

If Lumbr is wanting to get reviews, please email me at admin@modsquadhockey.com and we’ll get set up. We have had a Long-Term Review process for 15 years and it works.

We won’t allow members to solicit brands for reviews nor will we allow brands to solicit members for reviews.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I own MSH. 

If Lumbr is wanting to get reviews, please email me at admin@modsquadhockey.com and we’ll get set up. We have had a Long-Term Review process for 15 years and it works.

We won’t allow members to solicit brands for reviews nor will we allow brands to solicit members for reviews.

^ that’s what I meant lol

21 hours ago, Nirano said:

These are always my favorite posts of this type of thread. 

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

These are always my favorite posts of this type of thread. 

Happy to hear it! I assume it’s because you learned something new and that you will now begin today with a breath of freshly attained knowledge.