Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
215BroadStBullies610

Lumbr Hockey Sticks

13 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I own MSH. 

If Lumbr is wanting to get reviews, please email me at admin@modsquadhockey.com and we’ll get set up. We have had a Long-Term Review process for 15 years and it works.

We won’t allow members to solicit brands for reviews nor will we allow brands to solicit members for reviews.

Thanks, I was not aware of this. I’ve had Jesse send you an email. 

I've spoken to Jesse and we will be doing a LTR on some of the sticks Lumbr sells.

Anyone interested in doing a LTR, please PM me your name and a short blurb as to why you should be considered.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stick9 said:

Here's the issue the sub $100 hockey stick is not exclusive to Lumbr. Every major brand offers something at that price point. Most of which offer something fairly decent in the $150 range. So why am I buying a Bison (who I have never heard of until about 3 minutes ago) when I can get a CCM, True, Bauer or Warrior for the same price?

Honestly, if I only had $99 bucks to spend on a stick. I would care more about durability than I would performance. A popular brand with a reputation would probably be the safer play, and one I could go to my LHS and pick up whenever needed.

I get that, I would do the same. This idea came out about from a similar situation where Jesse broke his tenth stick last season and literally had only $99 to spend on a stick. He was forced to seek an alternate solution since even a $150 stick from a recognized company exceeded his budget. I believe this is when he discovered Bison and fell in love. What became evident was that there are amazing sticks under $150 made by complete unknowns; the issue wasn’t that these sticks were flimsy or easier to break, it was that massive, reputable stick companies suppress competitors from entering the market aggressively. Their marketing tactics range from exclusivity contracts across major leagues where obscure sticks could be discovered by players who aren’t quite good enough to be sponsored or receive Bauer’s for free to hiring teams of trolls to scour the internet for forums like these to spread misinformation and distrust about competing brands. 

All that said, if you’re happy with your current stick, scoring goals and the price point isn’t an issue, all the power to ya. My only point is that LUMBR tests all the sticks they choose to carry on their marketplace to make sure they’re not going to disappoint. We’re hockey nuts too.