Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Custom CCM skates vs. Custom True Skates

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Leif said:

Obviously MyBauer aren’t stock boots, but I’m interested to know how the default boot differs from stock, beyond the customisation listed byJDub. I don’t think you can ask for specific changes to the boot behind those listed by JDub, for example he states that the scan takes care of the width. I was asked if i wanted to add any notes, which I think is designed to help Bauer avoid problem areas such as a bulbous ankle. I did see some skates for someone with bulbous ankles, and the skates matched the scan. I can see that stock skates would have been a poor fit for that person. 

One question I have is whether or not the Bauer scan allows for the footbed, and if so whether it also allows for the Speedplates which are a little thicker than the standard footbeds. I would expect they do, and I wonder if it is added in when they make the last. 

I’m pretty sure when Bauer gets the scan they look at it and make adjustments to the skates as needed even if you don’t put notes in. 

What food beds came with your custom skates? Are they the stock Bauer ones? If they are they aren’t that thick they are just covers for the rivets basically. I’m not sure if they take into account speed plates or not. That’s a good question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Maybe this will help. For detailed information, see the link below: 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A99faf809-3ff8-4da8-9215-a99efb416702 

Advanced facings available on the Total Custom, but what about reduced facings? Modano and Niedermayer's classic 1990's Tacks wouldn't have been the same without the reduced volume they had. Nobody made them look as good as those two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

I’m pretty sure when Bauer gets the scan they look at it and make adjustments to the skates as needed even if you don’t put notes in. 

What food beds came with your custom skates? Are they the stock Bauer ones? If they are they aren’t that thick they are just covers for the rivets basically. I’m not sure if they take into account speed plates or not. That’s a good question. 

MyBauer customs come with speed plates and traditional style foot beds. The latter are too thin to protect you from the rivet heads. I tried them in a two hour session and had discomfort in the soles of my feet. However, it looks like the moulding process shapes the base of the skate to your arches, so speed plates are not really needed, just a decent foam foot bed would do. I can’t comment on what Bauer do with respect to the scans. 

These custom skates are awesome value, given that you pay a small amount above the cost of stock skates. I believe that at my LHS most people who go for top end Bauer opt for the custom option. They did not and don’t do the full custom, I don’t think that was ever available outside of North America. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Maybe this will help. For detailed information, see the link below: 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A99faf809-3ff8-4da8-9215-a99efb416702 

 

2018-12-15_11-49-18.png

So really the boot isn't created from the inside out.... Both are high pressure moulded to your last... If that's the case I would just go with the 3d custom unless I had two feet that were totally off... Or a model other than the as1. 

Also what is the "facing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flip12 said:

Advanced facings available on the Total Custom, but what about reduced facings? Modano and Niedermayer's classic 1990's Tacks wouldn't have been the same without the reduced volume they had. Nobody made them look as good as those two.

Looks like there is a reduced facing option according to that document.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

Looks like there is a reduced facing option according to that document.

You're right...inward 1/4". Should have clicked into the doc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

So really the boot isn't created from the inside out.... Both are high pressure moulded to your last... If that's the case I would just go with the 3d custom unless I had two feet that were totally off... Or a model other than the as1. 

Also what is the "facing".

Every custom skate is high-pressure molded to the last.  

Just a pet peeve of mine; when people call the Bauer injected facing "lacing."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if CCM will mount holders medially if requested to deal with pronation? I asked my local LHS that has the CCM scanner and was looked at like I was from Mars when I asked that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CigarScott said:

Does anyone know if CCM will mount holders medially if requested to deal with pronation? I asked my local LHS that has the CCM scanner and was looked at like I was from Mars when I asked that.

They will not. They also prefer to not ship the skates without holders mounted too. I had to argue with them a few times to get skates shipped without the holes drilled and holders mounted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, six501 said:

Are you sure? It was available when I asked for any of the total custom skates. 

I was told it (lace locks) could be added as well to the total custom package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, six501 said:

Are you sure? It was available when I asked for any of the total custom skates. 

My understanding is it was an option but they no longer offer it. My rep could be wrong, but that's what he told me. 

 

2 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

I was told it (lace locks) could be added as well to the total custom package. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with the pressure molding to a foot model that ccm uses, would this work with very odd feet (i.e. flintstone feet,very wide and very deep)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do they mean by oversized holder?

I have very small feet so would I be able to get a longer holder?  I always want my players skates to have a longer blade like my goalie skates.

I also enjoy a flatter profile.  I have Tru Blue goalie skates and I don't love them and need new player skates and I have always worn CCM player skates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Joeysallamander said:

What do they mean by oversized holder?

Going one size up from what is normally used.  For example putting a size 7 holder on a size 6 skate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×