Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
lovejotd

Glove thumb repair

Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for repairing my gloves.  the thumbs are starting to come apart at the seam on the top.  I sent some pictures to peaches gloves and he told me he wouldn't be able to fix them.  I was wondering it i could get like the goalie pad tape to hold it together so it doesnt rip more.  Let me know if any of you have fixed this issue.  Thanks! 

15 hours ago, lovejotd said:

Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for repairing my gloves.  the thumbs are starting to come apart at the seam on the top.  I sent some pictures to peaches gloves and he told me he wouldn't be able to fix them.  I was wondering it i could get like the goalie pad tape to hold it together so it doesnt rip more.  Let me know if any of you have fixed this issue.  Thanks! 

Have a pic? 

On 12/16/2018 at 12:37 AM, lovejotd said:

Hey all.

Kinda surprised Peaches can't fix them.  

But this is the question though - is it worth the repair?  Gloves are so disposable nowadays - it's not like you're dealing with all leather TPS HG1s from 1998.

Ill post a picture tonight... I got them re-palmed by peaches, but he said he cant really fix the top of the thumb.  They are still in great condition besides the thumbs, plus they have a lot of sentimental value being left over from my college playing days.  

I attached a picture of a similar issue in a different pair Thumb Repair

It’s repairable, but not necessarily inexpensive. To do that job correctly the thumb needs to be taken apart, the ripped top cover repaired and then re assembled. The binding would also be replaced. Those type jobs normally run in the $25-30 range.