Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BenBreeg

Malkin Wearing Two Different Gloves

I don’t really follow players equipment too much but tonight Malkin has a CCM glove on one hand and a Bauer on the other.  Not sure if there is a story behind it but i thought he wore Bauers.  Anyone ever see that before?  It is a road game but i assume they have enough spare equipment with them to handle most situations.

Edited by BenBreeg

55 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

I don’t really follow players equipment too much but tonight Malkin has a CCM glove on one hand and a Bauer on the other.  Not sure if there is a story behind it but i thought he wore Bauers.  Anyone ever see that before?  It is a road game but i assume they have enough spare equipment with them to handle most situations.

Ben Lovejoy has been wearing a Supreme skate on one foot and a Vapor on the other.

McDonaugh iirc with the rangers was wearing an apx and apx2 glove at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Left Wing King said:

That must be weird, two different skates especially. You'd at least think, he'd get custom skates in either a Supreme or Vapor 

I have to assume that the 2 skates are physically the same model, but are somehow dressed to look different.

Edited by Larry54

Adam Oates used to wear two different gloves. IIRC, he wanted a super tight one for his lower hand when taking face offs.  There could be a mod to one of the gloves that accommodates an injury (2 fingers sewn together etc) that maybe wasn't done to all 17 pairs that Malkin seems to rotate through...

Good points, i was more surprised by the two different brands though.  I can’t imagine some of the gear geeks being able to sleep at night with non-matching gloves! 🙂

12 hours ago, nutters said:

Ben Lovejoy has been wearing a Supreme skate on one foot and a Vapor on the other.

1 hour ago, Larry54 said:

I have to assume that the 2 skates are physically the same model, but are somehow dressed to look different.

I saw this post on the geargeek's instagram. I'd love to know the story.

6 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

did he do it the entire game or just a shift or two?

remember, you can't access the lockerroom from the bench at MSG so there might've been an issue that forced Geno to use 1 CCM glove.

Not sure, i noticed it when he scored his goal and then the rest of the period (3rd).  You could be right, we’ll see next game.

Malkin said today he is a headcase.  Beat reporter the other day said that for the past month Malkin has been non-stop messing with his skates at practice.  Maybe he is just looking for something to get his game back.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, BenBreeg said:

Good points, i was more surprised by the two different brands though.  I can’t imagine some of the gear geeks being able to sleep at night with non-matching gloves! 🙂

this thread is giving me a full blown anxiety attack!

My daughter and son got a Pens calendar as a late Christmas gift and Malkin has two Bauers on.  Funny thing is, Malkin is playing pretty bad right now and still manages like 14 points in 11 games or something.