Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ben tankle

Still new to the game/ need gear recommendations

I’m about to start my 3rd season of D4 men’s league hockey. I’m really enjoying it and I’ve pretty much settled on the equipment that I like to use, except my pants suck real bad. I gave the nexus 400 and I still slip and fall quite a bit, these things offer no real ass/ hip protection.

Im looking for pants with the most padding I can find. Specifically on my backside and asscheeck area. I’ve taken some good falls down on my side where there is little protection, and I’m super super sore for days afterwords.

any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

Howdy,

I've used a few different things and I think the protection of the Easton Pro 10 and Pro 15 pants have been by far the best.  That said, they're pretty heavy / bulky.  I switched to a Tacks 7092 girdle and didn't feel like I was giving up too much protection and they were nearly half they weight.  I'd recommend either over all the standard "low to mid priced" pants I've seen.

FWIW.

Mark

5 hours ago, Mister_NoDangles said:

I just picked up some Warrior QRL Pro Stock pants and found the padding to be excellent, particularly tailbone protection. If you holdout HM has some pretty good sales on their prostock equipment.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Every pant on clearance right now, is an additional 20% off, with a lot of pro stock options. Probably your best bet. 

I suffered severe pain on falling when I had entry level shorts. I then upgraded to Bauer 1s and they are excellent, probably as good as any. However, as I’m 55, I don’t take any chances so I also wear Xion d30 boxer shorts which have a coccyx pad. D3o is exceptionally good at absorbing shock, and there are equivalents from other companies. G-form is an alternative, not as good but cheaper. Demon d3o shorts work well too, I have a pair. It’s worth mentioning that different makes and models of sorts have different cuts so some might not suit you. 

I wear a Tacks 7092 girdle also.

I do lots of squats and run distance,  It protects the ice from my rock hard ass!

Dave

Edited by Dave P

My brother has a pair of the Easton “pro” pants, not sure what number is attached to them. They had so much padding, when I first picked them up I thought they were goalie pants. 

On 1/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, Leif said:

I suffered severe pain on falling when I had entry level shorts. I then upgraded to Bauer 1s and they are excellent, probably as good as any. However, as I’m 55, I don’t take any chances so I also wear Xion d30 boxer shorts which have a coccyx pad. D3o is exceptionally good at absorbing shock, and there are equivalents from other companies. G-form is an alternative, not as good but cheaper. Demon d3o shorts work well too, I have a pair. It’s worth mentioning that different makes and models of sorts have different cuts so some might not suit you. 

Im probably going to try the 1s pants Next. I Wear a Bauer Mx3 pant now and love it. How do you find the sizing to be on the 1s. Im 5’10, 36” waist and wear medium bauer pants.

2 hours ago, Alex82 said:

Im probably going to try the 1s pants Next. I Wear a Bauer Mx3 pant now and love it. How do you find the sizing to be on the 1s. Im 5’10, 36” waist and wear medium bauer pants.

I’m 5’11” 32” waist and I wear medium. Small fitted my waist but they were too short exposing legs to pucks etc. . You really need to try them on IMO. 

29 minutes ago, Leif said:

I’m 5’11” 32” waist and I wear medium. Small fitted my waist but they were too short exposing legs to pucks etc. . You really need to try them on IMO. 

Ok thanks. Eager to see the 2s protective that supposebly will drop this spring. Probably get the 1s when they go on sale.