Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
the_game

True Inline Skates with Revision Chassis

Just saw it on Instagram, True skates with a Revision chassis and wheels. Also saw True as a new sponsor for Narch. Good to see them getting involved in roller.

It's great True is getting involved with roller hockey. I used Revision for years and definitely enjoyed the Variant, Variant + and Steel wheels. I'm currently using Konixx pure wheels, but would definitely be open to trying the latest Revision wheels. Being able to pick soft or hard wheels is a great option. I usually convert ice hockey boots for roller, but if I was to buy ready made roller hockey boots currently available from other brands, I'd have to replace the soft wheels with a harder set if the retailer/e-tailer wasn't willing to make a swap. 

Personally, I'd have a hard time going back to a flat chassis and would've preferred to see True go with the updated versions of Sprung, the Fizix chassis, however; I know the majority of inline players use a flat chassis. If they'd went with a more radical chassis design like Sprung, Fizix, or Marsblades then that may not appeal to the roller players used to the flat/hi-lo setups. 

If it's a fully custom boot, I imagine the pricing would be similar to the custom True ice hockey skates. A boot only option would be great for those who don't wish to use the Revision chassis, however; they no longer offer a boot only option for ice; so I doubt it will be available for inline. 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:35 AM, althoma1 said:

It's great True is getting involved with roller hockey. I used Revision for years and definitely enjoyed the Variant, Variant + and Steel wheels. I'm currently using Konixx pure wheels, but would definitely be open to trying the latest Revision wheels. Being able to pick soft or hard wheels is a great option. I usually convert ice hockey boots for roller, but if I was to buy ready made roller hockey boots currently available from other brands, I'd have to replace the soft wheels with a harder set if the retailer/e-tailer wasn't willing to make a swap. 

Personally, I'd have a hard time going back to a flat chassis and would've preferred to see True go with the updated versions of Sprung, the Fizix chassis, however; I know the majority of inline players use a flat chassis. If they'd went with a more radical chassis design like Sprung, Fizix, or Marsblades then that may not appeal to the roller players used to the flat/hi-lo setups. 

If it's a fully custom boot, I imagine the pricing would be similar to the custom True ice hockey skates. A boot only option would be great for those who don't wish to use the Revision chassis, however; they no longer offer a boot only option for ice; so I doubt it will be available for inline. 

Not to mention, they probably want to use a chassis that exists today in a manufacturable state. Haven’t heard much from fizix in a long time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stewie said:

Not to mention, they probably want to use a chassis that exists today in a manufacturable state. Haven’t heard much from fizix in a long time

Yes, I can see why they'd go with a medium sized company vs. a smaller operation with a niche following. I suspect the Fizix hasn't launched due to a lack of funds. I'm still interested in the product and hope it does well, however; I can absolutely see why True chose the partner they did. It certainly seems like the safer play (less moving parts, less potential for issues, a more well known brand in the roller community outside of these boards, ect.). 

On 1/26/2019 at 8:43 AM, wetwilly17 said:

Looks like the second wheel isn't recessed.  I'm hoping that isn't the case.

It is a Hilo chassis so didn't think they normally recessed the second wheel...

On 3/30/2019 at 10:01 PM, rsmag9 said:

Anyone try these out yet?  I’d love to hear your opinion on them.  

I've got a pair and skated on them 5 or 6 times. So far so good. I had a pair of Supreme MX3s converted to roller, and the "Comfort Edge" dug in right above my ankle and created bloody bruises. I have no pain in these. I had to have one skate baked an extra time, because there was a spot hurting my ankle. They folded up some paper, and taped it to my ankle where it was hurting to push it out when I put my foot in the skate after baking it. It was great after that.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Isles12 said:

It is a Hilo chassis so didn't think they normally recessed the second wheel...

good eye, i see that in the text now.  i thought they were all 80.  im glad they went the hilo route.