Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mattisoffside

Adult leagues in SoCal/Inland Empire?

Considering a move to SoCal this spring and was trying to find some information on adult rec hockey in the area, specifically closer to Ontario/Cucamonga/Fontana. I've mapped a couple of rinks in Ontario but haven't found any useful info on their adult leagues (days, times, skill levels, etc). I suppose anything that's within a 45-60 min radius is workable, and depending on how my work schedule would end up, that really would ultimately determine where I could play, once I am settled.

I'd describe my skill level as upper beginner/beginner "plus". My skating and edgework is pretty decent for a lower level player, but everything else screams beginner league. I started learning to play about 8 or 9 years ago and haven't stopped since, so I have a bit of ice time under my belt. I know leagues can vary significantly from rink to rink, so based on that info, maybe someone would know of leagues that I'd be a good fit in.

Actually going to be heading out next weekend for a few days to scope out the area some more, so I may have a bit of time to check out a rink or two. Any info is helpful, thanks!

21 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm too far south for you, but theres a lot of ice in the San Diego area. If you're way up north you're most likely looking at icetown riverside. 

Ah, hadn't really considered if there was a rink in Riverside.... that's not far at from my target area, good to know, I'll check it out. Thank you for the heads up!

I had the same issue when I moved from philly to LA (I’m located in north Hollywood) and it was rough knowing about the skates.   I had some good luck just calling around and talking to people.  I’ve been injured the past year due to complications from a broken ankle but I was turning down hockey and was really easily able to skate 3-4 days a week if I wanted it.  

Center Ice on Plum Ave. in Ontario has an adult league, I think they play on Sundays.  The other rink in Ontario is old and kind of small, they have a league on Tuesdays and Wednesday nights.  Riverside Ice Town as mentioned above has a good adult league with several different skill levels.  A little further out for you is The Rinks in Yorba Linda, Copper plays on Wednesday nights and Silver plays on Friday nights.