Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sourfe

Help with profile

Currently using a Quad1 which works good with speed, agility and turing on the forefoot but I have problems with making really tight and quick turns of the heel.

It feels like it's to much steel behind the heel. Mako skate with CXN holder.

I have grown up with flat spot profile and the Quad1 is better in most areas but not from the heel and back.

Any suggestions?

I could have written that original post1    ( 280mm Tydan steel  Edge holder 1X Vapors )

Got a quad II from Tydan and had the same issues, as I leaned back and started to tighten the radius I could

feel the skates want to sorta straighten out. Talked to JR and went to a Quad O...it helped,after about 8 hours

of skating on it I'm still not completely happy.  I can tighten up the turn but a lot of ice is being chewed.....just not

clean carving around. I just got a  9/50mm/10.5 ....to soon to tell, initially though, it's better at the back for my 

style.

Planned on posting feedback after I get the next set of steel.....waiting on Tydan.

Dave 

Edited by Dave P

5 hours ago, Dave P said:

I could have written that original post1    ( 280mm Tydan steel  Edge holder 1X Vapors )

Got a quad II from Tydan and had the same issues, as I leaned back and started to tighten the radius I could

feel the skates want to sorta straighten out. Talked to JR and went to a Quad O...it helped,after about 8 hours

of skating on it I'm still not completely happy.  I can tighten up the turn but a lot of ice is being chewed.....just not

clean carving around. I just got a  9/50mm/10.5 ....to soon to tell, initially though, it's better at the back for my 

style.

Planned on posting feedback after I get the next set of steel.....waiting on Tydan.

Dave 

I am not a huge fan of the Quad 0 unless you are playing at a professional level of hockey. I usually recommend the Quad 0.5 as a starting point if the customer wants to go with a quad radius. When possible I like to watch the player skate before making any recommendations but obviously, that's not always an option. The Zuperior (triple radius) is another great profile that many overlook as Quad profiles seem to be "the rage" as of late. If you modify the heel of it slightly it can be an absolutely fantastic profile giving a lot of agility, speed, and stability. 

Edited by Nicholas G

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

I am not a huge fan of the Quad 0 unless you are playing at a professional level of hockey. I usually recommend the Quad 0.5 as a starting point if the customer wants to go with a quad radius. . 

Nicholas,

If you get time can you explain that a little more?  I really like the ease of getting onto the front of the

skate and the quick feet it seems to allow, just not thrilled with the back portion turning hard.

Sorry to the O.P. for getting in his thread.

Dave

Steel is 272 for CXN. 263 for LS2 and LS3.

CXN: My first try was with Q0 with +pitch but that was too much pitch for me coming from LS3 and speed was too compromised. Better now with Q1 and no pitch. 

LS3 is also Q1 and this one is shaved off from the middle of the heel. This steel is working ok but not perfect. Maybe the last radius I don't like.

LS2 is stock 9 i think.

MwojbF5.jpg

Edited by sourfe