Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
h4ckb0x7

Made in Canada Pucks

2 minutes ago, h4ckb0x7 said:

I edited my original post to clarify. I'm not sure Howie's are Sher-wood/InGlasCo 960 or 965.

I don't imagine there's more than one company making pucks in Canada these days. Howie's say they are made in Canada, pretty good bet they are from inGlasCo but I guess you'd have to call them to confirm. I usually buy mine by the bucket at Canadian Tire, which now owns Sherwood, but the InGlasCo piece wasn't part of the deal as far as I know. I'll have to check and see what country's pucks are being sold there next time I'm in the store.

colins

I spoke with Howie himself today, their pucks are sourced from Europe. He’s sending me a couple as a sample. I guess all or most of the NCAA D1 teams use them.

Our local rink banned the usage of a specific type of cheap European puck, as they shattered way more glass than any other. So while the dimensions and weight might all be more or less the same (meaning within the specs), the quality of materials used / manufacturing / composition can still be different between manufacturers, which results in different behavior (chipping, brittleness, ...) at different temperatures.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, OzziesDad said:

Pure Hockey sells a bucket of 18 InGlasCo pucks. I believe they are 960's, but can confirm later. 

I would highly doubt they are Canadian 960’s but it would be awesome if you checked. I’d bet they are 965’s IF they are even Canadian. I bought a bucket from Pure and they were InGlasCo Slovakian pucks.

Edited by h4ckb0x7

23 minutes ago, gosinger said:

Our local rink banned the usage of a specific type of cheap European puck, as they shattered way more glass than any other. So while the dimensions and weight might all be more or less the same (meaning within the specs), the quality of materials used / manufacturing / composition can still be different between manufacturers, which results in different behavior (chipping, brittleness, ...) at different temperatures.

Not all but some European manufacturers use tires as one source of rubber. This means small rocks and other stuff can make their way into the final puck. As the puck wears away a rock can be exposed and that will break the glass really easy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave P said:

I'll admit to NEVER even thinking about what brand a puck is, so what makes some better than others?

Serious question.

Better flavor?

Dave

Our rink got some cheap pucks a few years ago that chipped and split very easily. I'm not sure what exactly made them different, but they were really bad.

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Pure's plain pucks were Rubena, distributed through A&R.

To the OP - no need to highlight your text in black. 

I didn’t highlight anything...

23 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Your text was white on a black background. We received two tickets about it. Perhaps you may not know how you did it, but I corrected it. 

It was nothing I did on purpose. I haven’t messed with the text formatting. No worries.