Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dlwst44

Reebok skates Loose blades

Hello All,

Anybody have problems with blades coming loose on the E-Pro holders??? both of my skates have loose blades now, I didn't think that should ever happen because they put loc tite on those bolts when they put them together. I'm a little worried about this, since I'll have to constantly check them I guess.  I was skating on them in a game last night, and had a lot of problems with turning and stopping.  

Not being familiar, is it possible the holes on the the E-Pro and/or the blade have elongated due to wear? If there is enough slop between the bolts and the hole, the blades may be loose even with locality on the bolts. Also I wonder if there is enough clamp pressure at the bolts to hold the runner tighter. 

8 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

You're just going to have to make sure you check them every time you skate, despite the fact there's blue Loctite on them.

Yea you're right, I checked them over today. Looks like whatever Loctite was on a couple of the screws wasn't really enough, some didn't have any hardly. I loaded up all 4 of them up with some Loctite and cranked them back in real snug. I will keep an eye on them periodically, but thankfully the skates aren't damaged. 😁