Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
pantallica39

Ccm FT1 skate sizing

Looking to get a pair of CCM FT1 skates and wanted to know about how the sizing matches up to Bauer Vapors. I’m currently wearing pro stock Vapor 1X in an 8.75eea which fits me perfectly. I wear a 10.5 shoe. Is the sizing of the FT1’s the same as Vapors or would I have to go up/down a half size? 

From what I tried the ft1s felt more narrow in terms of width. I am a 7d in Supremes. I tried my buddy's d width vapors and they felt ok. I tried on 7ee ft1s and it was too narrow. I could get my feet in them but it def felt uncomfortably snug. Not sure if heat moulding would've helped but when I put the as1 on in a 7d, that felt way better. 

Not sure if that helps you, but length felt pretty much the same as any size 7 I've worn in Bauer. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Thanks 1

I skate in FT1s and have tried on Vapors recently.

I feel the FT1 has a wider toebox, but a narrower heel, which worked for me since I needed better heel lock. Length wise I felt it was similar to Bauer Vapors, but the width of the heel was definitely narrower on the Jetspeeds.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mister_NoDangles said:

I skate in FT1s and have tried on Vapors recently.

I feel the FT1 has a wider toebox, but a narrower heel, which worked for me since I needed better heel lock. Length wise I felt it was similar to Bauer Vapors, but the width of the heel was definitely narrower on the Jetspeeds.

Hope that helps a bit.

U didn't find the narrowness through out the whole skate? You fit in a d width?

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

U didn't find the narrowness through out the whole skate? You fit in a d width?

Jetspeed is more of a Normal/Narrow Forefoot Width with a Narrow Ankle/Heel Pocket. I wear D width. Ribcore is the narrower boot for CCM. 

Also keep in mind that the volume of the skate has an affect on how it fits you. Your instep can change how the certain lines fit as well.

Forefoot - Widest Nexus > Tacks > Supreme > Jetspeed > Vapor > Ribcore Narrowest

Ankle/Heel Pocket  - Widest Nexus > Supreme > Tacks > Vapor > Jetspeed > Ribcore

This is from my own fitting experience.

Keep in mind when you put your buddys Vapors on those had probably been baked already and worn in so it wouldn't feel as tight as a new boot.

Edited by Mister_NoDangles

I was just surprised at how narrow rhr ft1s were. Never thought I would fit an anything ee, and even those were to the point where I didn't want to pull the trigger. 

My instep is somewhat high for the size of my feet but I never had volume issues with supreme. The as1 felt perfect so I'm surprised they are categorized as a somewhat higher volume boot overall. 

2 hours ago, pantallica39 said:

Is the length of the FT1’s the same at Vapors or do they differ a bit? Larger smaller?

It's very close now. CCM finally unified their sizing so it lines up much better with Bauer now. I can't say I noticed a difference length wise. If there was one it was very small. Others might have their own comments. Old Jetspeeds definitely ran large though.