Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
connam06

Mission Helium 3500 from 2006ish

My Mission 3500 Quatro Helium's broke and I need to find a new pair of skates. I tried an old pair of Tours that I have and they felt....strange. I don't know why my Tours feel so strange after playing in Missions but they felt bulky and I didn't feel as in control or confident. I'm convinced I need a new pair of skates even though i've got 2 pair of Tours that are in good shape. 

The Mission Heliums are from 2006 if my research serves me correct. Much time has passed since then but can anyone recommend a pair that would feel similar? I do not know if the 3500 was a higher end skate or not. I bought them used and am not sure what would be a good equivalent.  I did not know there would be such a difference in feel between skate brands and know I need something similar to my last pair.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by connam06

It would help to know what your budget and play style/frequency are to recommend something new. IIRC, the 3500 was a mid-low end (with the 9500 being the top end).  You're likely looking at something like the NLS: 03 or 04 as a current equivalent. 

The reason your Tour skates feel weird is most likely because they're not a hi-lo setup like the missions.  I always felt weird going from Tour to Mission to Alkali and now back to Mission. 

4 hours ago, vnderachiever said:

It would help to know what your budget and play style/frequency are to recommend something new. IIRC, the 3500 was a mid-low end (with the 9500 being the top end).  You're likely looking at something like the NLS: 03 or 04 as a current equivalent. 

The reason your Tour skates feel weird is most likely because they're not a hi-lo setup like the missions.  I always felt weird going from Tour to Mission to Alkali and now back to Mission. 

Thanks for the reply. I play 1 time a week in a house league for about 14 weeks a year. I was looking into the NLS:04. I play somewhat aggressively. We play on a small rink so alot of starting and stopping. I wanna say my Tour's have the Hi-lo setup but i'll doublecheck. The Tours are a bit bulky and aren't molded to my feet well at all. The weels are a bit harder too so they will at the very least need replaced if used. I might try putting my Hi-Lo wheels from my broken Missions on my Tours before buying a new pair.