Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
lovejotd

Replacement for my CCM Ribcor Trigger p46 (Bergeron)

I just broke my last CCM Ribcor Trigger.  I have been using (four of them) over the past two years.  I love the p46 curve and the CCM ribcor trigger has been good to me.  I no longer want to pay $300 a stick, and CCM only offers the p46 curve on the most expensive stick.  What would you recommend I try as a replacement?  I looked up a few comparisons but it looks like Bauer doesn't really have a real clone.  Warrior lists the W71 as a clone.  Anyone else who has been in my situation, what did you try and what was best?  Thanks!

16 hours ago, flip12 said:

What did you use before P46? Have you tried P28?

Before that I used the Bauer p92.  Which I liked, but found the p46 to give me more control and power without losing much accuracy.  

Was it the lie 6 P92? P28 would be between the P92 and P46 in lie, and with its main pocket more towards the toe than on the P46, while the main pocket is on the heel with the P92. It could be worth a shot though.

P46 is an awesome curve. Just enough going on to get good action on shots and passes without there being anything too crazy overall. It's just too subtle a curve to thrive in today's consolidated market where loud wins.

It's a shame you're a righty because PSH often has cheap ($100 right now!) team stock CCMs in it, but only for us lefties.

I was interested in a push for BASE to clone the P46, but it never got much interest. Now I'm focused on my S.Niedermayer pro stock, which hits more of my ideal points than even the P46 does. If it weren't for that, I'd be pushing for the P46 revival campaign.

Wish there was more help to offer, but there just aren't that many curve options available today. Good luck!

I am also a P46 user.  I've stocked up and now have 7 in circulation!  Personally your best bet is going back to the P92.  The P28 isn't bad either but neither is as good as the 46.  Be patient... they do pop up on Sideline swap occasionally.

15 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I am also a P46 user.  I've stocked up and now have 7 in circulation!  Personally your best bet is going back to the P92.  The P28 isn't bad either but neither is as good as the 46.  Be patient... they do pop up on Sideline swap occasionally.

damn 7... ill be on the look out...  I just dont trust the "pro stock" stuff, and it seems like that site has mostly that 

2 hours ago, lovejotd said:

damn 7... ill be on the look out...  I just dont trust the "pro stock" stuff, and it seems like that site has mostly that 

It’s pretty easy to tell exactly what you’re getting these days as the build codes are written right on the sticks - most here would be happy to help you decipher. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cavs019 said:

It’s pretty easy to tell exactly what you’re getting these days as the build codes are written right on the sticks - most here would be happy to help you decipher. 

sounds good... I heard the ribcor is very different in the pro stock version, like it doesn't use the rib technology and may not even be low kick point, not sure if this is completely accurate though, cause I have never gotten one.

19 minutes ago, lovejotd said:

sounds good... I heard the ribcor is very different in the pro stock version, like it doesn't use the rib technology and may not even be low kick point, not sure if this is completely accurate though, cause I have never gotten one.

From what I've read, there are RibCor pro stock sticks, with the various rib patterns, or at least there were in previous seasons. These weren't always dressed as RibCors, they could have been skinned as other CCM sticks. The same is true now. A RibCor dressed stick may or may not have RibCor technology in it. Like @Cavs019 said, if you know what to look for, you can take the guessing out of what you're getting.

I see a guy is selling 2 x RH p46.  Says they are ribcor without the ribs, here is a picture of the stick numbers.  Anyone know what it means?  I cannot figure out the flex profile, materials used or shaft geometry.  Looks like if I zoom in at the sticker on the top of the shaft it may say " (RCR) " on it, but a quick google search did not return any results for that.

bbec1bdd2d7bf415_small.jpeg

073aaaea45ebca8f_large.jpeg

Edited by lovejotd