Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bl4

Sideline Swap

I've never used Sideline Swap, but I've noticed that a lot of folks on MSH seem to use it (or, at least to check it out for pro stock offerings).

Perhaps a silly question, but how receptive do sellers tend to be to negotiating/fielding lower offers?  Of course, I realize that this varies seller to seller - I've bought and sold on ebay plenty of times.  But I just wondered if there are any norms on the site (at least among hockey sellers).  I don't want to be a jerk by showing up and lowballing if that's viewed as bad form, but I also would rather not pay sticker if it's not necessary.

Thanks!

I've made a couple of purchases. It's like making any other cash offer.

I'd like to sell but it seems a bit confusing. I don't understand how the shipping is set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 218hockey said:

I've made a couple of purchases. It's like making any other cash offer.

I'd like to sell but it seems a bit confusing. I don't understand how the shipping is set.

When you list the item you specify the details of the shipping, specifically size and weight of the package. SidelineSwap then chooses the best method of shipping for you when the person buys it. They remove you from the entire process in regards to shipping. 

• Like 1

I've sold five things on there in the last two weeks. Good way to unload old gear or gear I don't want. It's nice that it's in USD since I'm from Canada (as a seller). You folks in the states pay quite a bit more for hockey gear. 

If you low ball, worst case is you don't get it. If someone low balls you, who cares. Ignore. 

• Like 2

Just don't lead off negotiations with "what's the lowest you will go?". 

I listed an asking price. Counter with a number, not a request that I negotiate against myself. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

And please don't choose a user name that is some variation of "Dangler12345". 

I swear it's got to be 90% of the users on there.

Isn’t that some auto generated default?  I don’t remember choosing a name and only realized a couple days ago My name on there is some variation of that.

47 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

Isn’t that some auto generated default?  I don’t remember choosing a name and only realized a couple days ago My name on there is some variation of that.

Interesting. It could be. 

1 hour ago, Monty22 said:

And please don't choose a user name that is some variation of "Dangler12345". 

I swear it's got to be 90% of the users on there.

"BlackTuuksRule"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been on SS for over a year now and have had good success in both buying and selling. I don't mind "low" offers because I know that a consumer wants something as close to $0.00. Never understood when sellers get worked up over it as if they've never wanted something on the cheap cheap haha.

6 hours ago, Goonsquad said:

"BlackTuuksRule"

Lol I finally unloaded my black tuuk edge holders on there. Thought I'd never get rid of them. Now if only I can get rid of my true holders ...

I just joined recently meaning created an ID and got my address on file, verified email... Having trouble figuring out how to message a seller w a question about an item. I have not created a seller profile since i didn;t plan on selling just yet... when i click the message seller button that is near the purchase button I get taken to a page with no text field like something is missing or its not loaded correctly. I feel like the site is super buggy.. especially on mobile. I tried on desktop too.. just wondering if there's a reason I can;t message a seller like say entering payment info or making an offer first or something.. thanks for any advice.

i did submit this question to support before coming here. Haven't rec'd reply yet. There's something I'd like to buy and not miss so it's a little time sensitive 🙂 figured I'd throw it out here see if I'm missing something/easy answer.

// also can't make offers.. maybe i will trying adding a payment option and see if that frees up my ability to participate

OK I figured this out. case closed for me. THX

Edited by Above40
resolved issue
  • Like 1