Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

CCM Pro Stock Pant Models

I can't find a whole lot of info out there on the various models and the differences. Just looking at prostockhockey.com to see what they have. 

• MHP18
  • HP30CH
  • HP35 / HP35C / HP35CX / HP35CX-XTRA
  • HP45 / HP45X / HP45XP / HP45XP-XTRA
  • HP70
  • P520 / HP520ECHL / MHP520S
  • HPUCLP
  • HP7000

I assume the ones with the same numbers are variations on the same style, but what does, for example the C or CX vs the X or XP mean? What about when it starts with 'M'?

Is anyone familiar enough with all these model names to know what they mean?

• Like 1

M Reebok
HP CCM
30/35/70 made overseas
520/7000 Made in Canada

HP35 =520

HP45=RBZ

HPUCLP=U+Crazy Light

X models have waist zippers to add +1
C models use Ufoam
P models use PE inserts

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

On 2/7/2019 at 1:27 PM, Gswift said:

M Reebok
HP CCM
30/35/70 made overseas
520/7000 Made in Canada

HP35 =520

HP45=RBZ

HPUCLP=U+Crazy Light

C models use Ufoam
P models use PE inserts

What exactly is Ufoam (on the C models) and how does it differ from whatever the regular padding is on the standard HP35?

10 hours ago, AnimalFear said:

What exactly is Ufoam (on the C models) and how does it differ from whatever the regular padding is on the standard HP35?

That's the foam that CCM uses on their shoulder pads, for example. 

On 2/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, Gswift said:

M Reebok
HP CCM
30/35/70 made overseas
520/7000 Made in Canada

HP35 =520

HP45=RBZ

HPUCLP=U+Crazy Light

C models use Ufoam
P models use PE inserts

So HP35CX-XTRA uses Ufoam and have zippers. What's the XTRA?

Here's me...I'm 5'9, 180 and 36-37 solid build.  I'm trying to figure out which pants are best for me and which size.  I'm looking at CCM HP30, 35, 45, 70, & UCLP.  I'm a large in a traditional fit, but I like the tapered fit pants I'm seeing. If I go that route, should I get an XL? ProStock.com does not allow returns, so I want to do my best to get it right.  Anybody have a preference among these pants you would care to share? Anybody prefer Warrior (with a size suggestion)?  Thanks in advance!

I would email PSH.  One, they will be able to help you with fit and two they may not be so strict about returns, never know.  Hockey Monkey also has pro stock pants and allow you to return for credit.

HP30 and the HP35 are more or less the same pant. They are the same as the HP520 pant with upgrades.  There's a few minor differences such as the +1 zipper or zipper on the legs that one or the other might not have but fit wise they are the same and fit like traditional pants and are medium on the weight scale.

HP70 is very much a traditional pant and is a copy of the old Tackla 7000 / 9000 pants if you've ever tried those on. They fit like tanks, look like tanks, are as heavy as tanks.

HP45 and HPUCLP are the CCM RBZ/UCLP equivalent pant. They are the lightest pants on the market and provide adequate protection as well as seemingly(I don't have proof but there are very few other models used for CCM) being the most popular model CCM pant used in the NHL. UCLP is the older version and are a two piece pant (uppers and lowers can be separated). HP45 is a one piece pant usually with the +1 extension. The lining material on both the pants is slightly different and the lower back protector is also different, but all both pants function roughly the same. 

Most pro stock enthusiasts that use CCM pants ride along with the trend and prefer the HP45/HPUCLP model over the HP35/30/70. The lightness of the pants with good protection(enough for NHL players to use) makes it the clear cut choice. 

Sizing for the HP45/HPUCLP gets wonky because both pants fit a little short and small. I'm assuming "36-37" is your pants waist size and not your actual waist measurement. So, a large sizing guideline is 34-36 and XL is 36-38. Based on the small fitting of the HP45 and your waist size, I would go for an XL. However, since you're also 5'9 (me too but my waist is 31 and I fit a medium HP45 snugly), the length of the pants maybe too long. I find that being 5'9'' myself, the medium HP45 is just perfect with the +1 extension so XL for you may be too long.

• Like 1

Thanks so much...that is awesome info.  Any idea if the Warrior Tapered style would be a better fit? I'm tempted to give the UCLP a try.  I used to (actually still do) wear a pair of Cooper pro Isles pants in medium, and they were snug but they fit.  I'm trying not to get "tank" pants but if that's the way it's gotta be...

I can't speak much to warrior pants. The only pro stock I've ever tried on were a pair of medium franchises and they fit way too large for me. Protection-wise, they seemed very solid. Everything in warrior that I've ever tried on ranging from pants to gloves to helmets has given me the impression that Warrior gear is definitely targeted toward big build people and since I fit "slim" for most things, nothing warrior works for me.

Merged this into another CCM Pro Stock Pants thread to keep all the info in one place. 

I just ordered a pair of HP45 pro stock pants to give them a try. My old Bauers have a big hole from where I tried to get them over my skates without my guards still on (I put my pants on after socks/shins/skates). It was either repair them or buy new pants. Decided repairing low end pants probably wasn't worth the effort. 

On 5/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, Jbear said:

Thanks so much...that is awesome info.  Any idea if the Warrior Tapered style would be a better fit? I'm tempted to give the UCLP a try.  I used to (actually still do) wear a pair of Cooper pro Isles pants in medium, and they were snug but they fit.  I'm trying not to get "tank" pants but if that's the way it's gotta be...

I went from Warrior Bonafide medium to CCM HPUCLP medium. The Warrior fit loose. A smidge heavy but gave total coverage. The UCLP are tight-fitting but very light in weight. Padding is solid, more padding in the tailbone back area which I need/want. You pull out the tail bone protection flap and there are three big segmented sections with a PE plate on each one, like you expect to get checked from behind by Brad Marchand.

I found a pair of Warrior QRL Pro Stock at Hockeymonkey...gonna give them a shot.  Warrior might be better for my physique with a short torso.

I recently picked up a pair of medium hp31. I believe those are in the same line as the hp30 & 35s. 31s might specifically be for CHL or other similar leagues. 

I’m 6’2”, with 32” waist in most dress pants. M with the extension zipper fit fine. It sometimes feels tight around my stomach, but good on my hips. I’m not sure about the double belt and 2 piece pant. It’s a lifestyle I’m not familiar with, but I’m getting used to it, as long as I’m not consciously thinking about it, they do the job.

They have a traditional boxy fit. I put my pants on after skates with no problems at all. I don’t know the exact weight, but I’d say 3ish pounds. When I weighed them, they were the exact same weight as my large Covert DT2 pants. These few like they run a little warm, but it’s also been kinda hot since I got them, so it might just be me adjusting to summer hockey.

Just to update...the Warrior Covert QRL pro stocks are just about perfect for me. Might even be a tiny bit big, but they are built insanely well and are super comfortable. Not ultralight, but with this much protection and durability...not sure how they could be lighter.  Anyway, thanks to all who provided insight!

• Like 1

I'm 6 foot tall, 230 lbs and using UCLP XL+1. I also have HP35's in XL (+0) and the 35's are clearly shorter so I'm not sure I believe that the CL's run short. My CL's are +1 and they look like they are 1" longer than my 35's. Id be leaning more towards saying they all fit similar in length. 

I bought XL +1 in the CL's because I read they ran short and about an inch shorter than the HP35's.. Apparently not though. I can still use XL+1 in the CL's, I just prefer a shorter pant that sits at the top of my shin pads when I'm standing straight up - Instead of middle of the knee. It's all just personal preference I guess. 

I liked most things about the HP45, except that I had issues with them slipping down even with suspenders and the belly pad kept flopping out. I tried having the belt and laces tight, both loose, and no matter what I did I still had a problem. Note of course I have a belly so that pushes things down. I'm going to hang onto these as I lose weight but I'll probably keep using my old pants for now. 

Old thread but I'm bringing it back from the depths because I'm trying to decide if I want to buy HP45X or UCLX pants to replace my CCM QLT pants (I think these are some model of RBZ?)

I find the padding in my current pants not adequate and that they run a little bit big. I'm pulling the strap as tight as possible on them... They are size L and I usually take 34 waist pants. I find the leg length pretty spot on. Am 5 10 195lb.

Any suggestions on sizing between the two? I tend to like slightly beefier/bulky pants and as much protection as possible. People in my league love to hook/slash the crap out of you and have no qualms about clapping one right at you.

I found a pair of Warrior QRL Pro Stock at Hockeymonkey...gonna give them a shot.  Warrior might be better for my physique with a short torso.

I'm going to suggest that you consider the Warrior Covert QRL. I have these as well as the HP45.  The CCM is more snug but also shorter (even unzipped), but the protection of the Warrior is superior as the cost of a little more weight. This is especially noticable in the outer thigh and hamstring areas. I'm 5'9", 170, 34" and I wear M Warriors and L CCM.  Still need suspenders for the Warrior,  it's it. IMHO.

25 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I'm going to suggest that you consider the Warrior Covert QRL. I have these as well as the HP45.  The CCM is more snug but also shorter (even unzipped), but the protection of the Warrior is superior as the cost of a little more weight. This is especially noticable in the outer thigh and hamstring areas. I'm 5'9", 170, 34" and I wear M Warriors and L CCM.  Still need suspenders for the Warrior,  it's it. IMHO.

Yeah I saw those. I tend to like a more traditional fit though, aren't covert's a bit more snug? I have more of a medium/stocky frame with a wider torso/legs, I've had 'anatomical' fitting pants before and not really liked them that much.

Also, do you have experience with HP45X? How about Warrior Franchise pro stock?

Edit: Based on what I just read in a past thread, I think I'd be wanting Franchise over the Covert line. I got me some thiiiccc hips and legs, strongly prefer more room in those areas. I'm the same height as you, but 34'' waist at 195lb.

Edited by z1ggy

I'm not familiar with that Warrior line, but sounds like a good choice if it's trad-fit. I don't have experience with the HP70, but the 45 is the tapered version, so maybe the 70 for you?  Still...coming from Cooper Islander pro pants (circa 1976)...the Warriors have that level of protection (no mean feat) with less weight.  The extra padding HP...can't speak to that.  Maybe go retail rather than Pro Stock.com  so you can try on and return. Hockey Monkey will let you return pro stock items for credit. Good luck! 

19 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I'm not familiar with that Warrior line, but sounds like a good choice if it's trad-fit. I don't have experience with the HP70, but the 45 is the tapered version, so maybe the 70 for you?  Still...coming from Cooper Islander pro pants (circa 1976)...the Warriors have that level of protection (no mean feat) with less weight.  The extra padding HP...can't speak to that.  Maybe go retail rather than Pro Stock.com  so you can try on and return. Hockey Monkey will let you return pro stock items for credit. Good luck! 

Yeah I definitely am looking to get out of retail pants; I watched a review recently on youtube about retail CCM pants vs pro stock Reeboks and how much better this person says pro stock is. I sent an email to PSH to see if they can offer any insight but I do see a few pair of pro stock Franchise pants available on HM.com, too. I think PSH also takes returns for credits so I may end up buying 3-4 various pairs to try on and return the rest.

Edit: Is the HP70C mean more padding like HP45X does? From what I can read online, the 45x is more protective albeit with the less traditional fit.

Thx for the help.

Edited by z1ggy