Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ryan91330

Looking for P28 type curve that's a bit more closed

On 10/11/2019 at 11:19 PM, 1q3er5 said:

is there such thing as a malkin curve but with a more rounded toe like p28 or my fav a w71???

You mean with a rounder toe shape or more rocker under the toe?

8 hours ago, All Flash said:

Would recommend OP check out Base as rumor has it the P30 from CCM is now discontinued on all new sticks moving forward. Which leaves you with only Pro stock , older models , and custom. 

Sad to think retailers will only offer 3 curves at some point on all sticks. Slowly but surely. Well that's where it seems to be heading anyways.

@Stephen7 Got a P30 in the works?

I hope that this rumor proves to be false, as I am pretty much attached to nothing in life, except the P30 on the end of my hockey stick. Just in case this is true though, I need to start keeping my eyes open. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, flip12 said:

You mean with a rounder toe shape or more rocker under the toe?

a rounded toe (easier for pulling in toe drags from a distance) and again with a closed face and big mid curve

19 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I would wait for this to release

IMG-20191007-205815.jpg

Holy crap that is beautiful. What brand/when is it going to be released? I'm guessing that's basically the Benn Pro Curve.

1 hour ago, Ryan91330 said:

Holy crap that is beautiful. What brand/when is it going to be released? I'm guessing that's basically the Benn Pro Curve.

I don't think it's the Benn Pro Curve because Bauer lists that as a lie 6 and the description says the P90TM is going to have a lower lie.

1 minute ago, qmechanic said:

I don't think it's the Benn Pro Curve because Bauer lists that as a lie 6 and the description says the P90TM is going to have a lower lie.

That's interesting. Where'd you get the picture from?

On 10/20/2019 at 2:38 AM, qmechanic said:

This is where the numbers are pretty much meaningless. Bauer's P88 is a lie 6 but so is the default P92 but their lies are not even close to being the same.

For comparison, in my experience, the P90T and P30 have a lie very similar if not identical to the P88. If you line up their rockers the shafts will be almost directly on top of each other.

A P92 (the default 'lie 6' P92, not the pro stock P92 Lie 5) compared to the P88/P90T/P30 will be higher/taller.

colins

13 hours ago, colins said:

This is where the numbers are pretty much meaningless. Bauer's P88 is a lie 6 but so is the default P92 but their lies are not even close to being the same.

For comparison, in my experience, the P90T and P30 have a lie very similar if not identical to the P88. If you line up their rockers the shafts will be almost directly on top of each other.

A P92 (the default 'lie 6' P92, not the pro stock P92 Lie 5) compared to the P88/P90T/P30 will be higher/taller.

colins

Is the P90T the same as the P90TM?

And is the P90TM a CCM exclusive?

7 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Is the P90T the same as the P90TM?

And is the P90TM a CCM exclusive?

I haven't seen a P90TM but I assume it's the Max height version of the P90T.

Not to be confused with the P90, which is a CCM P92 clone, sometimes referred to as the pro stock version of the P29.

Curve names were bad enough when people referred to them by player names (which kept switching between vendors), but I'm not sure but it's getting worse now - I mean I guess the rationale behind the P90T name was 'T' meant 'Toe', BUT the P90T/P30 is more based on a P88 with a toe kink (in terms of lie and closed-ness) than a P90/P29. Good grief CCM!

colins

The P90TM is not at all the same as the P90T. Its more of a blend of the P29 and P28 with a max height blade and adjusted lie. I don't recall what website I saw the image on but I do recall it was specific to CCM. 

12 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

The P90TM is not at all the same as the P90T. Its more of a blend of the P29 and P28 with a max height blade and adjusted lie. I don't recall what website I saw the image on but I do recall it was specific to CCM. 

On hockeystickman.com the P90TM is described as the Max Height version of the P90T pro-Benn aka P30 curve. Which makes perfect sense.

The P90T Benn is like a P88 in lie and closed nature from the heel to the mid curve. Then it adds an open toe kink, which is where it can somewhat be compared to a P29/P92/P28, which have more toe than the P88 does. If you love stickhandling/backhands and passes with a P88 but wish you had an open toe/pocket to work with for toe drags and shots where you pull the pull towards your body and snap it, the P30/P90T might be for you.

But - if you like the high lie and curved rocker of the P29/P92, it's probably not for you. The real confusion comes in when you add the P90 and P90M to the mix. These are CCM specific pro-stock P92 and P92M max height clones. Real clones, not P29 "almost the same" curves.

Like I said, curve names have really gone to shit. Having different pro stock curve names vs. retail curve names of the same pattern serves what purpose? It just makes everything more confusing.

Burn it all to the ground and start over CCM/Bauer/Warrior/True/etc.

colins 

1 minute ago, colins said:

On hockeystickman.com the P90TM is described as the Max Height version of the P90T pro-Benn aka P30 curve. Which makes perfect sense.

The P90T Benn is like a P88 in lie and closed nature from the heel to the mid curve. Then it adds an open toe kink, which is where it can somewhat be compared to a P29/P92/P28, which have more toe than the P88 does. If you love stickhandling/backhands and passes with a P88 but wish you had an open toe/pocket to work with for toe drags and shots where you pull the pull towards your body and snap it, the P30/P90T might be for you.

But - if you like the high lie and curved rocker of the P29/P92, it's probably not for you. The real confusion comes in when you add the P90 and P90M to the mix. These are CCM specific pro-stock P92 and P92M max height clones. Real clones, not P29 "almost the same" curves.

Like I said, curve names have really gone to shit. Having different pro stock curve names vs. retail curve names of the same pattern serves what purpose? It just makes everything more confusing.

Burn it all to the ground and start over CCM/Bauer/Warrior/True/etc.

colins 

Is there a difference between the Benn P90T and the P30 then? CCM already makes the P30, so if they were so similar it wouldn't make sense to do both right?

1 minute ago, Ryan91330 said:

Is there a difference between the Benn P90T and the P30 then? CCM already makes the P30, so if they were so similar it wouldn't make sense to do both right?

P30 is the retail version. P90T the pro stock. It's a CCM thing - P29 is retail, P90 is a pro stock P92 clone. P88 is retail, P80 is pro stock. Makes no sense to me, but that's how they do it. 

Big problem as well with the pro stock P90T - if you search sideline swap for P90T curves, and have a look at the pics, it seems to me a lot of sellers are selling pro stock sticks that have no curve labelled on the stick as "P90T" , I assume because it looks similar to them. There's a wide variety of "P90T" curves for sale there that don't look the same in the pics to me, a lot of them not labelled on the shaft as P90T. Buyer beware.

The most complete CCM chart I've seen is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0UwtZ8BHbBI10cG9z4YMXvS0UmP28u4/view

Notice there is no P90T listed - I'm not sure if CCM actually labels any sticks as P90T, maybe it's just Bauer using that code on pro stock. The P30 is described as "Very close to P88 but different toe (kink and toe)".

colins

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colins said:

P30 is the retail version. P90T the pro stock. It's a CCM thing - P29 is retail, P90 is a pro stock P92 clone. P88 is retail, P80 is pro stock. Makes no sense to me, but that's how they do it. 

Big problem as well with the pro stock P90T - if you search sideline swap for P90T curves, and have a look at the pics, it seems to me a lot of sellers are selling pro stock sticks that have no curve labelled on the stick as "P90T" , I assume because it looks similar to them. There's a wide variety of "P90T" curves for sale there that don't look the same in the pics to me, a lot of them not labelled on the shaft as P90T. Buyer beware.

The most complete CCM chart I've seen is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0UwtZ8BHbBI10cG9z4YMXvS0UmP28u4/view

Notice there is no P90T listed - I'm not sure if CCM actually labels any sticks as P90T, maybe it's just Bauer using that code on pro stock. The P30 is described as "Very close to P88 but different toe (kink and toe)".

colins

Could it perhaps suggest that the P30 is actually pretty different to the Benn then? Just curious, did you read somewhere that P30 = P90T? Definitely a very interesting chart - thanks for that!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan91330 said:

Could it perhaps suggest that the P30 is actually pretty different to the Benn then? Just curious, did you read somewhere that P30 = P90T? Definitely a very interesting chart - thanks for that!

No but I based it on this document from CCM, which again is somewhat contradictory (they describe the P90T as inbetween P28 and P29) but the pic they use from hockeystickman is identical to what I see as the P30, flat rocker, mid curve just like a P88, toe kink. This document was written a couple years ago before CCM launched the P30 at retail, so I'm just putting 2+2 together.

I have seen and compared a retail P30 in store to a P88 and P92 so I know what the P30 is like 100%, but I haven't yet got my hands on a P90T. The P30's I've seen look just like the pic below (always hard to tell with only one angle shown).

Screenshot-2019-10-23-at-2.png

• Like 1

@Ryan91330 Here’s a pic of a P90T ordered from hockeystickman that my son is using. It’s a CCM pro stock from the WHL. Coming from a P88, he says he loves this curve.

6177-B37-D-D520-40-A0-BE53-997-E2024771-

Edited by colins

4 minutes ago, colins said:

@Ryan91330 Here’s a pic of a P90T ordered from hockeystickman that my son is using. It’s a CCM pro stock from the WHL. 

6177-B37-D-D520-40-A0-BE53-997-E2024771-

That's nice! I personally don't think it looks like a mix between the P92 and the p28, as it still looks more like a mid than a toe curve

6 hours ago, Ryan91330 said:

That's nice! I personally don't think it looks like a mix between the P92 and the p28, as it still looks more like a mid than a toe curve

To summarize:

I know the P30 is very much like a P88 until you get to the toe, then the toe kinks and is open, unlike the P88.

I *think* the P90T is also very much like a P88 until you get to the toe, it also kinks and is open, like the P30 and unlike the P88.

If anyone has both a P30 and a P90T in their hands and can compare and provide pics side by side I'd be interested particularly in any lie difference and the square or roundness of the toe between the two.

colins

3 hours ago, colins said:

To summarize:

I know the P30 is very much like a P88 until you get to the toe, then the toe kinks and is open, unlike the P88.

I *think* the P90T is also very much like a P88 until you get to the toe, it also kinks and is open, like the P30 and unlike the P88.

If anyone has both a P30 and a P90T in their hands and can compare and provide pics side by side I'd be interested particularly in any lie difference and the square or roundness of the toe between the two.

colins

If a P90T is in fact a Benn clone, then it is not a P30.  The P30 is a P88 with a kinked toe being the only change to the curve (the rocker is different).  The face of the blade is closed until you get to the toe, and the curve is a true mid.  Bauer's Benn was more of a P92 variant, with a heel-ish twist and straighter blade of a P92 until you got to the toe where it had a sharp curve and kink to it like the P28. The Benn had a higher lie than the P30, again closer to the P92 but not quite that high.  The toe was roughly the same shape and not as tapered as the P28, closer to, you guessed it, a P92 with a more square top but rounded bottom.

Compared to the pic of that pro stock P90T, the Benn was more open throughout the blade and had a rounder toe.  That P90T does look very much like a P30, the difference being the toe isn't quite as kinked at the bottom.  I'm hoping they bring it to retail, as it really seems to be a full size blade version of Bauer's P14.

I do not have them both in hand, but did compare them side by side at my LHS with the new Bauer Pro Custom samples.

Edited by psulion22
  • Like 3

I called CCM this morning. The rep that I spoke with said that they are not getting rid of the P30. We went over the upcoming release of the Ribcor 4 and the sticks down the line. On the top of the line sticks, they are making it with P30. Somewhere down the line, either on the lower value sticks or intermediates or somewhere that I was not really interested in, the rep said that they will not launch P30s. I think he said it was just P28, P29 and P88 on those sticks that had nothing to do with me (but don't quote me on that, I may have gotten it wrong).

Regardless, on the sticks that I am interested in (the Pro that is usually about $150/$160), and the one underneath that that is usually about $100), we will see P30 on the 75, 85, and 95 flexes. This is great news! (Thank you, CCM!!!)

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I called CCM this morning. The rep that I spoke with said that they are not getting rid of the P30. We went over the upcoming release of the Ribcor 4 and the sticks down the line. On the top of the line sticks, they are making it with P30. Somewhere down the line, either on the lower value sticks or intermediates or somewhere that I was not really interested in, the rep said that they will not launch P30s. I think he said it was just P28, P29 and P88 on those sticks that had nothing to do with me (but don't quote me on that, I may have gotten it wrong).

Regardless, on the sticks that I am interested in (the Pro that is usually about $150/$160), and the one underneath that that is usually about $100), we will see P30 on the 75, 85, and 95 flexes. This is great news! (Thank you, CCM!!!)

Thank for calling CCM for us! Did you also ask about the P90TM? Or will that not be on a retail stick at all?